Lesson Thirty-One: Danger Spreads Quick, But Dies Early

Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu, 

I hope you're all doing well In Shaa Allah :)

I'm just here to remind you guys to pray again. And while you guys do pray, please pray for a girl name Inaya. She went to sleep with a headache, and hasn't woken up. She's in the intensive care unit right now. So please guys, please pray that she wakes up In Shaa Allah. Any one of our prayers can make a difference. Our lives are already planned out according to the will of Allah. But if there's one thing that can make a difference it's our dua. Please, please, please pray that she wakes up. Whatever happens, happens for the best, and I hope her waking up is what happens for the best In Shaa Allah. 

Salaam.

Umar 

Here I was sitting in Shuaib's house in his room again, just a week later. 

"You know you could always come to my house as well." I said, calmly. He was fidgeting with his hands. He looked at me and shook his head. 

"I'd rather talk about something like this in extreme privacy than let anyone in this house or your house know about it."

"I don't really get it. Why do you want to hide this matter from your family and others?" I asked him. 

"My family doesn't exactly like religious people. Well, my mom doesn't. My older brother Shafi's totally okay with them. If they find out, there might be trouble. And for others.... Well I just want to keep this change a secret." 

"Well, I guess you have your reasons too." I replied. 

"And I also... gave up on Amarah. I'm doing this for God, and no one else." He said, quietly. I smiled at him, and then started prepping him. 

"What do you usually do that's part of your daily cycle, whether it's good or bad." I said. "I'm sorry for asking such a private question but it's got to be done." I said. 

"Okay." He replied, with a look of determination. After he finished naming everything he would usually do, I knew he was hiding something. 

"Are you sure that's it?" I asked him. 

"Yup." 

"What did I say about lying?" I said, asking him. 

"But that's something I would never tell a soul. No one can know about that!" He said, almost feeling embarrassed. But regardless of his protesting, I finally got it out of him. I wasn't exactly surprised though. 

"Okay so for 27 days, you're going to focus on developing three new habits and dropping four old habits. Do you understand?" I asked him. He nodded. "You're going to have to start praying five times a day even if it's only the fardh salaah. You're going to start opening the Qur'an at least once a day, and reading at least one verse each day. And lastly, you're going to have to stop your tongue from uttering any negative thoughts. Keep optimistic."

"Well, I can do that." He replied. 

"You're going to have to stay away from three of your bad habits as well." I said. "First, and foremost, that unspoken habit you want no one to know about, remove it. No matter how much it pleases you to commit that sin. Ask yourself who you're doing this for. Is it for yourself? Or is it for Allah. Try doing anything that will please Allah but require work from you. Your effort is the most beloved to Allah. Next, stop staring at girls straight in the eyes without shame. Just because you see girls only doing it, that doesn't mean lowing their gaze only applies to women. It also applies to men. Men especially. We were created with a stronger desire for women than a woman's desire towards a man. Control it. No more girl friends and no more playing around. Not only are you ruining your life, but you're ruining the girls life as well. Girls want respect, and even if they don't look it, you're supposed to give it to them anyways. Your mother, your sisters in Islam, you daughter in the future... would you feel comfortable if guys looked at them the same way you looked at other women?" I asked him.