Lesson Five: Change Can't Always Be Done Overnight [PART 1]

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Please pray before you read this chapter... Please.

How are you all doing? Amazing? (Hopefully) 

It's the fifth chapter. I do hope you enjoy it In Shaa Allah :)

Binyamin

I'm late. Very late. My dad's probably going to kill me. But it's not like I wanted to attend that whole marriage meeting. I'm only twenty-two years old. Marriage is out of the question for me. But there was a reason everyone wanted me to get married... The reason was my mother. I was the oldest son and my little brother was eight years younger. My sister was already married but now it was my turn. 

"What are you doing?" I looked up to see Amarah looking at me confused. "What are all those scribbles?" She asked examining my signatures scribbled all over the paper in front of me. 

"I was bored?" I said, unsure. There was practically nothing to do today except for watching over Amarah after school. At least this was the excuse not to go to that marriage meeting.  It was pouring outside, and there was thunder. How am I going to get home? 

Amarah 

"I'm leaving." I said. 

"Really?" He asked, looking at my laptop. "You only stayed here for half an hour though." He added. 

"I don't feel like working today..." I said, a little depressed. It had only been a day since Amy disappeared, but my phone was flooded with messages from her parents asking about her whereabouts. 

"How much work do you have left?" He asked. 

"A lot?" I said, looking at the ceiling in thought. 

"Then sit down and get back to work." 

"No! I don't want to." I whined. 

"It can't be helped, now can it?" He said. 

"Okay fine... Can I put music on full blast then?" I asked. 

"I keep forgetting you're new to Islam and all. But musical instruments are forbidden in Islam." He said, casually. 

"WHAT?! WHY? THAT'S THE ONLY THING THAT KEEPS ME GOING!" I said, in utter shock. I mean, how would you expect me to survive in a vicious world like this?! I have Joshua up my back twenty-four/seven during all of my classes bothering me. My only hideout is the phone and earphones in my ear. He looked at me and raised his right eyebrow. 

"Listen, Islam is a way of life. You're going to have to change your life around if you love Allah. Every Muslim goes through that phase. It's hard but you can't simply just rebel against it. We're committing so many sins, the least we can do is refrain from committing them and do more good deeds. Music.. is like the Qur'an of Shaitan. Iblees. The devil. Our enemy. " I stared at him hard. 

"What if I still decide to listen to it?" I asked. There was no way I'd give that up so easily. 

"Okay, fine. If you still want that in your life, you can have it. Just remember, if you love Allah more than Shaitan, you'd stop it right away and listen to the Qur'an of your Lord." He said, bluntly. I scowled at him. This guy knows a bit too much. Inside, I was already crying. I mean, what am I going to do? 

Binyamin

She had the hugest frown on her face right now as she stared at the ground in grief. "I can tell you an alternative.." I said. Well, it was my alternative. I don't know if it'll help her.