Lesson Six: Resist The Desire To Fight Back

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Rush to prayer right this instant if you have not already done so. xD I hope you guys like the chapter. Enjoy! Jazak'Allah for the 10, 000 reads :)

Aimen 

Why is she wearing an abaya? Didn't the principal say anything to her? How can she wear the hijab and have no one say anything to her? I don't get it. 

I was sitting in the cafeteria alone as usual with no one to talk to, thinking about that girl. She was very popular too... Her name should be Amarah, right? Why was Umar with her though? He doesn't talk to any girls. 

"Hello!" I looked up and saw Kat. She was a friend of mine but not someone who would sit with me at lunch, so I was sort of surprised by her presence. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, confused. 

"Princess A's calling you... Or I think that's her." She said, shrugging her shoulders and pointing to the cafeteria's door. When I looked there, I saw her standing there, smiling. 

"Why's she calling me?" I asked. 

"Does it matter? She probably wants to be friends with your or something. Listen, I have to go. My boyfriend's waiting for me. Bye!" She said cheerfully and left. I smiled and packed my things up. Why is she standing all the way there? As I walked up to her, I couldn't help but stare at what she was wearing. 

"Hi!" She said, cheerfully. 

"Uh... hi." I said, awkwardly. 

"My name's Amarah."

"Aimen." I replied. 

"Are you new?" She asked. I've been here for the last four years... but if that's new to you then be it.

"Not exactly..."

"Really? I haven't seen you here before." She said. This conversation was getting awkward. "Anyways! The reason I'm here is because I'd like to be friends with you!" She said, cheerfully. Oh, yes, doesn't everyone? 

"Okay... sure." I said, faking a smile. This has got to be a joke. This girl's popularity level is on top. Why does she want to befriend someone like me?

"Let's hang out at lunch together everyday." I'm not really sure how friendships work, but I really don't mind being alone at lunch. It's the time I can think about my future... and how to one day get up the courage to wear hijab In Shaa Allah (If Allah wills).

That's partially why I was so surprised to see someone wearing a hijab and abaya. I mean, no one in this school would even think of it. This school judges a lot, that's why no one thinks of starting trends like this. I barely see any Muslims in this school anyways. Well asides from Umar and Ayyub. And the only reason I know those two is because I'm engaged to one of them. It happened last year and it was really abrupt too. I wasn't expecting it to happen, but it did. In my family all the girls marry off young. Since I'm the youngest in my family, and the last one to get married, I was rushed into this whole marriage situation. 

"Okay, well first... How are you fine with hanging out with someone like me? And second, I'm sorry, but I'm really confused."

"Well... actually I saw you twice today and I thought 'Hey, this girl seems like a really nice person!' I really wasn't planning to approach you like that, but I had a feeling if I didn't do it sooner, it would be a little awkward. Well more awkward than today. Plus, I like meeting new people!" She said, smiling. I smiled as well. Well she might be a little right... 

"You're in grade twelve, right?" I asked. 

"Yup. What about you?" She asked. 

"Same... but, how come I've never seen you around then?" She started laughing while itching her head a little.