twenty-six

seri have been used to students staring at her and whispering things when she walks on the hallways. but now, it made her anxious. students used to look at her with admiration and praises but now, it was the opposite.

some looked at her with disappointment, some with disgust, and some were murmuring something along the lines of "two-faced bitch". ever since she started dating renjun, some people started to talk behind her back.

but she ignored it as being with renjun made her feel good. seri didn't find the fault in dating him. she had a reputation to uphold and renjun had a bad reputation, not as bad as donghyuck and jaemin though.

but it got worse when the incident with donghyuck happened. even the teachers seemed displeased on what happened which will definitely affect her grades in some way.

the school didn't even have a good reputation. most of the students here are kids who were kicked out of their former schools, donghyuck was one of them. makes seri wonder while jaehyun insisted to enroll her and sungchan here.

suddenly an arm slung over seri's shoulder, destroying her thoughts as she glanced who it was.

"i called you multiple times, you never looked back," dongsook told her, "what were you thinking about?"

seri shook her head. "nothing."

"nothing," dongsook mocked her, rolling her eyes. "you're thinking about the distribution of the report cards later."

"wait, it's already today?" seri gasped.

her bestfriend nodded her head. "let's talk about it later, for now let's go to the cafeteria. gosh, i'm starving."

the two of them got to the cafeteria. after getting their preferred meals, they sat on a table for two. dongsook smiled as she saw how seri's eyes lit up while eyeing her favorite peach drink.

seri was about to take a sip when her ears heard something that flipped her stomach.

a familiar voice spoke, "jung seri's such a sly fox. pretending to be miss perfect yet she had it inside her all along." the girls seated beside their table chuckled.

the aforementioned girl held the cup of her drink tight as she slightly titled her head to the side to glance at who spoke. and to her dismay, she was right.

the girl was someone close to her. seri once helped her with her studies and they both were also part of the student council. the said girl was really kind and sweet to seri. seri cannot even belive that those words came from her.

seri felt a tap on her arm, it was dongsook. "let's eat somewhere else, shall we?"

the girl nodded as dongsook helped her carry their meals as they walked out of the cafeteria.

"i can't believe soojung had the audacity to say that," dongsook complained as they walk.

seri could only sigh. "where are we eating anyway?" she asked after a minute of silence.

"i don't have any idea..." dongsook pursed her lips. then her eyes stopped at the sight of jeno walking across the corridor. "beside the gym. let's eat there, i bet the tables there are all available."

seri just nodded her head, following dongsook as she walked to the gym. the tanned girl was right, the tables beside the gym were available. after placing their meals down the table, seri heard a loud laugh from the gym.

she turned her head towards it and saw zhong chenle laughing along with park jisung. that's when she noticed that donghyuck's gang were playing basketball at the gym.

getting her eyes off the boys, she fixed her meal so she can start eating. before she can pick up her chopsticks, she heard someone call her name.

"jung seri! can you pass the ball?"

seri lifted her eyes and saw that the basketball was just a few feet away from there table. she stood up, planning to pick it up and throw it back to them but dongsook held her back.

"lee donghyuck! pick it up yourself!" dongsook shouted making her twin brother pout.

seri got dongsook's hand off her arm. "i'll pick it up. no biggie."

seri stood up and walked towards the ball. she started at donghyuck who was standing parallel to her. she smiled and took a few steps backwards.

then she kicked if towards the boy, hitting his head causing him to fall. seri immediately regretted it and ran towards him.

she crouched down and scanned the boy using her eyes. luckily, he didn't acquire anything. seri stood straight and extended her hand.

"sorry," she says as donghyuck held her hand and stood up. "you could have avoided it though."

donghyuck grinned. "i don't mind falling though."