TBB | 3

To the average person, they looked like the perfect family. When in reality the family was far from perfect. A couple of days had came and gone since the wedding. Everybody was finding out that Maleígha was back in town and everybody and they mama had something to say, about her leaving.

"Mommy look at the bubbles." Milaní said, as Maleígha smiled. Milaní and Alí were trying to catch the bubbles that Cartí was blowing for them. Milaní and Alí were extremely happy, and as long as they were happy, Maleígha's happiness didn't matter.

"I see mamas. You have to hurry up and catch them before they pop." She said, before feeding herself a pineapple. Cartí had called Maleígha this morning telling her that he had planned a picnic for them and the kids, being that Milaní had been wanting them to be together as a family, saying how she wanted to be with Mommy and Daddy together so he decided to make some shit shake even though deep down inside it wasn't something he wanted to do but for the sake of his kids he'll do anything.

Milaní and Alí laughed as they ran around the area that they were having their picnic at. Cartí had did a good job at planning,  everything was set up well, he had canvases for them to paint on. All the their favorite foods. And toys for the kids to play with.

                                          "Don't go to far Milaní and make sure you watch out for Alí, Aight?" Cartí said, as Milaní held her brother's hand as they walked around the park that was a garden as well. They were still in their eyesight so they were good.

                                      "Ok daddy!" She said, as Maleígha smiled. It felt good to be around the kids but she wanted to be far away from Cartí after what he did a couple of days ago. She still didn't like how Cartí put his hands on her no matter how much she deserved it. It still wasn't right.

                                           Cartí looked at Maleígha, as she fed her face while she kept her eyes on the kids. He couldn't lie Maleígha looked beautiful, not seeing her in two years had him studying her every feature. She wore little to no makeup. Her hair was pulled up into a messy curly bun as a few strands fell. Her brown skin glowed, she had a slight bronze tan to her. She wore a Jacquemus Opening Ceremony La Piana Longue Dress In Ecru, that feel to her feet. She wore light beige Chanel mules and had a Jacquemus Le Petit Baci Straw Bag to pull her whole look together.

                                         "Maleígha, I apologize." Cartí started off. Maleígha looked at him, as she held the meanest glare on her face. "For putting my hands on you. That ain't the type of nigga I am and I gotta realize that you are somebody's daughter and I that I wouldn't want nobody doing that to Milaní. Just thinking about that shit ain't sitting right with me. So I want you to know that for all those times I ever put my hands on you that I'm sorry and I promise myself and you that'll I'll never do that shit again." He said, as he looked at her. Maleígha could tell his apology was genuine but what's done is done. He could apologize all he wanted but he couldn't take it back.

Maleígha looked at Cartí one last time before putting her attention back on the kids. She seen Milaní holding her brother as they jumped around. Milaní loved Alí and vice versa. For the past few days, they had been all under each other since Alí had been staying with Cartí since Maleígha felt like it was only right to let him stay with his father.

"You gotta stop being so fucking selfish and childish. I know I ain't perfect but I'm trying to be. You want people to kiss yo' ass and this ain't that. I didn't have to apologize for shit, but I did cause you the mother of my kids and I don't want to have no ill feelings towards you but how can a nigga can't when you acting like this when you the one who took Alí from me." He said, as Maleígha looked over at him. Cartí was hurt, he never thought Maleígha would do him how she did. It was always the person you least expected it from.