TBB | 19

TWO MONTHS LATER

Future's 'Married to The Game' blared from his 2021 Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 speakers, while he cruised through the streets of Baton Rouge. "You can be sober as fuck, this money is gon' seduce you." Amari rapped, as he held a blunt in between his fingers.

                                              Looking down at his phone that sat in his lap. The time read; 6:30 PM. He seen he was good with time. He pulled into the parking lot of Mario's barbershop, he parked infront of the building. He took one last pull from the blunt, before placing it in the ashtray. Turning off his ignition with the press of the button. He grabbed his keys and phone. Getting out and adjusting the pants on his tall lanky figure.

Walking into the barbershop. It was packed being that it was a Friday evening. A grimace plastered on his beautiful face. Nodding his head at the few people who acknowledged him. As he walked towards Mario's chair that was currently empty.

"Wassam." Amari said, as him and Mario dapped each other off. He took a seat in the chair. Mario quickly swung the cape over his body and clipping it at the nape of his neck.

"You know the usual. Just a lil line up." Amari said, causing Mario to nod. Amari unlocked his phone being that he had a message notification. He looked to see it was Aria sending him pictures of Ayla. He couldn't help but smile. Aria was a big help to Amari when it came to Ayla. If it wasn't for her he would lose his mind. He saved the pictures to his phone before texting her back.

                                                                   "How shit been looking?" Mario asked, as he prepared to line Amari up.

"Shit been good. Besides the same ol' shit." Amari said, causing Mario to nod. Things have been real good. Amari had been happy. He had cut off things that he was holding on too. And that thing was Bianca. He was done with the whole relationship. It wasn't no point into steadily holding onto some shit that wasn't there. Of course Bianca wasn't putting up without a fight. She turned into a bitter ass baby mama and was giving Amari hell everyday.

"How everything going with the restaurant?" Mario asked, a small smirk graced Amari's face. When he said shit had been good. Shit was really going good. He was in the process of opening up a restaurant. Something new and something that was going to keep revenue flowing.

"Construction work still in progress. Next month I'm gone start the hiring process." He said, Amari wanted to bring a new dining experience into the city. These past two months had been busy for Amari.

"I'm ready man. Shit gon' be the hottest in the city." He said, as he dusted the excess hair off of Amari before taking the cape from around his body. Amari stood up and dusted himself off before reaching into his pocket and peeling off a fresh hundred dollar bill.

"That's for my next few cuts." Amari joked, causing Mario to shake his head. Even though Mario insisted that Amari didn't pay him he still did it off the strength. Wasn't shit free and he wasn't gone let himself slide.