Chapter 9: like a thousand suns

Skyler soon woke from her deep sleep.

Her eyes were shot open by the sun gradually making its way through her curtains and blinding her.
She rose from her bed as she let out a yawn.

She looked down to her pillow and reached under it to grab her phone. She pulled it out from beneath her pillow where her eyes met the time that I read on her phone '1:33pm'

"Wow, I was really asleep for that long?" Skyler said out loud as her arms stretched above her head.

She couldn't remember what time Miley was picking her up but she knew it can't be much longer as the sun was already out, which meant she didn't have much time to get ready.

She climbed out of her bed and as her feet reached the floor she let out a sigh as she took her hair band out leaving her blonde curls to drop down hitting her shoulders.

Her feet dragged her over to the mirror where she strummed her fingers throw the curls.

Rubbing her eyes, she walked over towards her bathroom where she grabbed her towel from the shelf below the light switch.
She placed it on the hanger as she shut the door behind her.

Her shorts were already down from her waist and sliding down her leg until they hit the floor. She then started to pull her top half over her head as the top was now met with her shorts on the bathroom floor.

Her phone was placed onto the window edge as she stepped her way into the shower.
The water dripped out the shower onto her flawless body. She started to scrub herself with her lavender body wash.

The young girl, did not take long in the shower but she now felt fresh and her mood was already slightly lifted.

The shower slowly stopped as she stepped out. She grabbed her new set of clothes and unfolded them ready to put on.

She got dressed fairly quickly and was already out the bathroom;sat at her desk within the same 10 minutes.

"I better start it now before she picks me up I suppose," she said to herself whilst starting to apply her makeup.
The foundation was faintly blended into  her impeccable skin as she began to put on her mascara too her extensive eyelashes above her ocean blue eyes.
She looked at herself in the mirror and just gave off a gentle smile to herself.
She could see her mum in herself. Skyler was her mums real doppelgänger and that's what made it so hard for her to look at herself in her own mirror.

This Blonde was now standing up in front of her mirror brushing her ocean hair with her curls looking more natural than ever.

That's when she heard a knock at the door. Her head turned violently towards the door, she took a breath then made her way towards the door. A sudden knock happened again. Skyler opened the door to see Miley standing in front of her with a grin.

"Hey, Skyler" Miley  started to say whilst looking Skyler up and down.

Skyler was wearing her black denim shorts with a cute white Levi crop top to go with it. Mileys face dropped.

"I love your outfit what the hell!!" Miley screamed at her whilst stepping into her room.

"Aw oh my god thank you" Skyler replied back grabbing her white converses from beneath her bed.

The blonde sat onto the bed and gestured her new friend to join her.
Miley perched herself down onto the spare bed opposite the blonde.

Miley frowned at the girl.

"Are you alright, you seem very nervous?" Miley asked her.
Skyler paused before she said anything.

The teens head was spinning. She didn't know whether she should tell the brunette what she was really feeling or just leave her with the doubts.

"Yeh I'm okay, just a bit nervous to meet these new people I guess" she said back trying to give her a smile.
The brunette raised her eyebrows and huffed.

"Okay, so I know you hardly know me but just trust me that my friends are really nice I promise. Don't worry. The sun is shining just go have fun and meet new people. Summer is beginning!!" Miley said laughing whilst her hands slapped her own knee triggering the two girls to burst into laughter even more.

Skyler glanced out the window as the laughter came to an end. She gazed back over towards her friend and gave her a genuine smile as she received a comforting one back.

"Thanks Miley."

"Don't thank me girl, it's my pleasure, just can't wait to get to know you."

Skyler knew from when she first bumped into this girl, that they were going to be good friends.

Miley slapped the bed frame creating a quiet bang and stood up.

"Right, we should go." She said whilst making her way to the door with Skyler following on behind.

She had a quick glance in the mirror before she walked out the door. Miley made her way down the corridor whilst Skyler was already locking the door. She put the key back into the  pocket of her shorts and followed Miley down the corridor and out onto the streets in front of the hotel.

They walked next to each other along the path as they made there way to the bonfire. The walk did start off in silence but Skyler decided to break the silence and asked,

"how far away is this bonfire then?"

"Uh" Miley started to say. "It's like 5 more minutes from here now it's just up the other side of the seat front. The beach there is amazing."

Miley and Skyler shared a smile as they carried on walking. The noises around them from the roads and sea gulls and the sea managed to drown the silence between them out.

The sky started to become a bright orange colour as the sun was no longer blazing and it was already starting to set.

"How is the sun setting already" Miley said sounding shocked.
Ski pulled out her phone to check the time, it read 4pm.

"Well it is 4 already so I'm not too surprised. The actual sunset isn't actually until 8 though so I'm not sure why it's already starting to set."

The two girls looked up at the sky above them as the clouds gradually moved past them.

They weren't far from the bonfire now. All the talking that was going on made there time walking much quicker than what they expected.

"There it is. All we have to do is walk through these gates to the beach and then we are here." Miley said whilst leading Skyler her way through the gates.

Miley pointed to a group of people as they stepped up some Sandy steps and said excitedly, "these are my friends."

The Benson girls hands starting to scratch one another again as she could feel her heart beat getting faster.
The brunette noticed the change in her friend and soon grabbed her hands from scratching anymore.
"just be cool, they will love you."

Ski smiled nicely at Miley and took a breathe as she started to follow on behind Miley as they began to greet the group of people ahead of them

——————————————————-
Heyyy!

I hope you all like this chapter : )

Please let me know what you think of it in the comments and make sure to tell me what your favourite bits are and what you want to see more of? And don't be scared to tell me what you think I need to improve as well!

Remember to vote loves <3

Thank youu