Chapter 12: even if i wanted to

"What's going on Ski?" Miley asked her. "I can hear your brain ticking." she giggled whilst budging her with her shoulder.

The girl was very un sure whether to her new brunette friend the truth.

So many scenarios were building up in her head as to why she wanted to know so badly about this one attractive boy which doesn't seem to give her room to think about anything but those few conversations they shared.

"What's the deal with Eljiah? Why did you say I shouldn't get caught up with him." Ski finally blurted out.

"He's just not your type." Miley started to tell her friend. "I know I don't know you well enough to say I know your type but just hear me out with this. He's had a very rough time he's been through more then you could imagine and I don't want you getting into anything okay?"

What she said slightly annoyed Skyler seeming as Miley didn't have the right to tell her who she can talk too and who she can't but then again she knew that she was only looking out for her.

The blondes face turned to disappointment just as much as confusion. Her eyes flashed over towards where the brunette was stood and back to the fire sat in front of her.

"So what's actually happened then? Like what do you mean by you don't want me getting caught in anything" the girl paused. "Im not going to get to know him anyway by the way. im just curious."

She started to fiddle with the rings which filled up her hands knowing she just lied to them once again because in fact, the Benson girl did want to get to know him.

Kyle and Miley both looked towards each other waiting for one of them to speak first.

"Okay I'll tell you." Miley started to say sighing. "His mum died. It wasn't that long ago either and his dad bailed on him after there mums death. According to Leo, he's gone into quite a dark place and I think he's been arrested a couple times for things. So his head just isn't screwed on properly at the moment and I just don't want you to get caught up in any of it."

Skyler froze as her heart started to ache. She knew exactly how this boy was feeling but she knew there was nothing she could possibly do or say.

"Oh, I can't imagine what he must of gone through, well still be going through." She frowned at them.

"Leo doesn't like to get caught up in his problems he's just friends that meet up, I'm pretty sure that's what Leo said anyway" Miley explained.

Skyler quickly peered up at Kyle.

"So he had to go through all this alone? And he still does."

Miley nodded and tried to change the subject straight away as she could see her friend becoming more and more curious..

                          •••

The rest of the night went quickly. It was filled with laughs and old memories shared, drinks being spilled. But even with all that going around the Benson girl, the only thing which came to mind was Elijah.

"It's starting to get late now" Miley said looking around to see there was only a few people left on the beach.

"Yes I'm gonna go" Kyle yawned as he stood up and pulled the two girls to there feet.

Skyler followed them both out the gates as they made there way back out onto the main road.

The lamps above them lit up the whole street with only a few shops still open, some had cues of people outside waiting, especially the takeaway shops. Nightclubs had music blaring from every window leaving the cues even bigger than the shops.

"I'm this way" Kyle pointed to the other direction as he waved goodbye to the blonde and brunette. The other two walked off in the other direction without saying another word.

                               •••

They both finally made there way back to the hotel.

"I need milk." The blonde said as she stopped outside the hotel leaving her friend stood in the doorway,"I forgot about it until now, I won't be long so you can go on in and ill see you tomorrow." the girl smiled.

Miley looked shocked as to what she just been told. She could notice something was off with her friend but she couldn't pin point to what it was.

She looked down at her watch and back at Skyler and laughed.

"um yeah sure Ski, it's a bit late don't you think? "

"yes it is a bit actually, but I need my milk." they both shared a giggle until they said there goodbyes to one another and Miley made her way into the hotel alone.

Skyler strided off by herself into the darkness ahead of her. She could feel her head starting to spin but she knew it wasn't spinning because she hadn't be drinking. She was very puzzled. Ski had a thought that it was something to do with her anxiety. She started to feel anxious but she had no clue why.

The girl grabbed onto the railings outside the shop to stop herself from falling to the ground. The palms of her hands became clammy as her grip to the railings developed tighter.Her heart started to race faster as she followed the railings round to a bench under a tree.

She perched down onto the bench as she could feel her heart starting to slow at last.

"you okay?" a voice asked from beside her.

Skis' eyes glimpsed over to meet a brunettes eyes.

———————————————————

Heyy loves!

Long time no see:)

I will be starting to post back regularly, so I hope I still have some of my readers here and hopefully get some new ones as well !

Don't forget to comment and vote on my chapters would be so much appreciated

Thanks <3