Chapter 13: these flames

There he was. Sat there in the darkness. He was lied down on the other side of the bench.

"Elijah?"

He could see her examining his face so he soon looked away.

The girl saw the blood crowding his face. She moved herself closer to him so now there arms were now touching.

"Hello?" She said to him. His eyes opened widely and looked at her and he quickly sat up.

"Careful careful" Ski said sitting the other side of him." what happened?"

He delayed before he said anything to Ski.

"I just got on the wrong side of some people that's all." He rested there staring at the floor beneath him.

"I can help you, let me help you." Ski said steadying herself to her feet as she was trying to figure out where the bloods coming from.

"No no. its okay"he said moving his face from her hands. "you can't help. Your not okay yourself"

"Im fine I want to help, just let me." She said pulling out some tissues from her bag and gently dabbing them against his forehead.

Everything went. The fear and anxiety that was controlling her less than 5 minutes ago was gone. Her fingers against his skin, his breathing she could hear and the warmth of his heart vibrated on her, everything went still for her when she was with him.

She knelt down on the ground as she reached up counting to wipe the blood from his face. The girl was still not very secure on her feet and the boy noticed this straight away.

Elijah grabbed onto her waist to steady her and stop her from falling.

His deep brown eyes met hers again as he slowly started to loose himself in her sparkling blue eyes.

"I need some alcohol wipes or something to clean it.just something a bit cleaner."she said looking over towards the shop.

"No you don't have to go to that trouble." He said grabbing her hand. She glanced down at him grabbing her hands and she smiled down at him.

Her hands were soft against his. His were covered in scars and scratches, whereas hers were the complete opposite - but yet there hands fitted perfectly in one anothers.

"It's no trouble at all. If we leave it, it will go infected and thats the last thing I want to happen. So stop being stubborn and let me get some."she laughed.

They shared a smile together as the blonde stood up and made her way into the shop.

As she went into the shop, Eljiah sat there on the bench in complete shock still. He honestly thought he would never see her again and the chances of them meeting again how they did, was very slim.

He thought she is absolutely beautiful, inside and out. And he as well could not let go of there first conversation on the plane.

A cold breeze came out of nowhere causing the boy to start to slowly shiver, the air ran straight through his cuts causing them to sting but he would still not say a word. He sat there enclosed by the twilight air.

Meanwhile, Skyler was tracing around the isles looking for the alcohol wipes, she got to the right isle and picked up a packet of them and walked to the cash machine.

The breeze that hit Elijah came into the shop and caused goosebumps to emerge over her arms.

Ski payed for the wipes and soon walked out from the shop and joined Elijah exactly where she left him.

She knelt down on one knee again as he grinned thankfully too the girl. Ski took out one wipe and placed onto the cut on his cheek first. He let out a quiet exhale thinking she couldn't hear. She stopped quickly.