Chapter 3

(1303 words :D)
After one or two questions, Everett raised his hand. Enyo hesitated but eventually gave him the go to talk.

"Why are you afraid of dogs?," he said in an joking voice. She stared off as her cheery smile fell to a flat silent one. Her eyes scrambled for a second then she looked up at the class again.

"I just have a bad experience with them," she said her voice trailing off at the end.

The final bell rang a few seconds later. The students rushed out of the classroom in one huge rush. The hallways were so packed if someone tripped they'd all fall like dominos. Every squished in squeezed past each other to get to their lockers. It was a Friday so getting out as soon as possible was the main goal.

Enyo's mind was still so stuck on today's events that she didn't realize she left her skateboard in Mr.Cowal's class. She hadn't realized till she had gotten to work and was already making someone drink. And she had the closing shift so there was no way she could get it, but she had to walk past school to get to her apartment so she could check to see anyways.

An hour till closing a black Audi pulled up and sat outside there for a good 10 minutes. The sun had already set, no one else was there so needless to say Enyo was scared shit less.

Soon a small figure stepped out of the car followed by two larger ones. When the front door to the show opened she saw Ford. In a panic she looked down and started to wipe down the already clean counter. The bell near the cash register let out a loud ding.  She just clenched her jaw and looked up.

"Hi! Welcome to the RecRoom. What can I get for you today?," she said looking up with a quick smile. Luckily it was Everett, the blonde from school, and not Ford. The tension from her shoulders fell. She stepped closer to the register to ring him up.

"Hi, can I get uhh... three black coffees, two with light sugar and one with oat milk," he said squinting down at his phone.

"That'll be 16.38,"  she said after processing all the orders. He handed her a twenty and put the change in her almost empty tip jar. A smile burst from ear to ear. She looked up to meet his eyes again then she realized that Miles and Ford were standing right behind him. As soon as her eyes met Ford's her head shot down again. She gave a small thank you.

She questioned why she kept hiding her face, she was never like this. Was it because Ford was here? Either way she didn't like the feeling so she of being under someone else's gaze. She lifted her head with a determined look on her face.

As soon she lifted her head, again, Ford stared deeply into her eyes. But instead of looking down this time she just clench her jaw and turned to face Miles who was still studying the menu.

"Miles, are you ready?" she said eagerly.

"Yeah, can I get a Mocha latte with two pumps of hazelnut? Oh and also a pistachio croissant," He said fumbling the cash out of his wallet. At this point Enyo realized they were suits. They looked clean and crisp, fresh out of a magazine.

"Wow, guys clean up well," she said chuckling to herself "What's the occasion?"

"A meeting at the p-pre college frat house thingy," Everett said mockingly. Enyo felt the rise to her ear as she heard Miles laugh at her.

"That'll be 8.35," she said snatching the ten dollar bill out of his hand with a huff. The boys laughed at her frustration, except Ford. He was laser focused on the menu. Ford looked almost overwhelmed at the options.

"Are you ready to order?" she said in a voice that was accidentally more stern then she would've liked. Enyo had a bad habit of picking at the dry skin on her lips. As they stood in silence as she chewed on her lower lip.

"We have a couple minutes left till I have to close. So I'll help you choose. Do you like chai?" she said resting her hand on the stack of cups she had to pull from.

He shrugged. Great response.

"Fine," she sighed "I'll come up with something. Also these are a lot of drinks if you give me 20 minutes and I'll help you take them to the car."

"Don't make it too sweet... Please," Ford said in a cold stern voice.

Miles and Everett just shrugged. Ford handed her the cash and but remained laser focused on the menu.

After 20 minutes of making drinks, Enyo went to the back to change out of her work uniform. It was pretty chilly outside now so she kept her work pants on and changed her top. She stared in the mirror for a while. The french braid Aditi had done was all messy now. Enyo sighed and pulled the braid out.

She had insanely thick curly hair that reached her waist. It was frizzy from the awful day she had but it was always frizzy so it didn't matter.

After switching off the back lights, she grabbed her and packed the drinks.

"Took you long. The coffee is probably cold," Miles said throwing his head.

"Can it sweet pea. I'm not the one who made you come in fifteen minutes before closing. Plus it took me five minutes," Enyo scoffed handing a tray to Everett and one to Miles.

As they made their way to the large black Audi, the wind slapped Enyo's arms and face. She froze as she remembered not only did she forget her skateboard she also forgot her jacket. Enyo was the type to not do well in the cold, she would get sick and shake violently.

Everret hopped in the drivers seat and Miles stepped in shot gun. Ford sat in back. 'He looks like someone's little brother ' Enyo giggles to her self. She open the back seat door and placed the drinks on the side of Ford with a large white box.

"What is that?" Miles asked taking a sip of his coffee.

"Well remember when you ordered the croissant? I just gave you guys the rest of what we had."

They stared at her wide eyed. After a while she became too flustered and cleared her throat.

"Well they were going to be thrown out tomorrow so I'd rather them be used than go to waste. Plus frat boys will eat anything they're like big dogs,"she said rolling her eyes. A moment of silence passed then the hum of Ford laughter sprung out. He turned to face her. He gave her a small smile, not a smirk a genuine smile.

"I guess you're right, they are just big dogs," he said resting his head on the back of the seat. Miles snorted.

"Alrighty, let's hit the road Jack," Miles said tapping on Everett's seat. Enyo hadn't but Everett had been burning a whole in the side of her head with his eyes for a while now.

"Get to where you're going safely," she smiled and shut the car door. They said their 'byes' and pulled off.

Now the only thing Enyo had to do was go to the school and see if anyone was still in the building. She checked her phone to see it was 7:38. If she walked to the school it would take fourteen minutes but if she ran through the woods near the highway it would only take six.

She tightened her lace and put her earbuds in. And through the woods she went.

—————————————————————-
hi it's aren! sorry for the late update,, had a busy week:/ but i hope you guys have a great weekend!