Chapter 12

(1632 words)
The smell of his pheromones wafted in the air. He cursed to himself under his breath. As soon as she was far enough out of his distance Ford dashed back over to the table mind linking his two friends.

"Someone needs to drive me home. Now."

"What? We have a Chem test today?" Everrett said slumping forward.

"I said I need to go home"

"Ford, what's going on? You've been acting weird all morning" Miles asked in a calming voice.

"Smell me for fucks sake"

They both leaned forward to sniff him but they didn't have too, his pheromones were getting stronger.

"Holy fuck Ford- This is just... wow," Miles slumped back against the cold metal table.

Suddenly Ford's torso hunched forward. He let out a combination grunts and growls and eventually they turned into puppy like whimpers of pain. His clean clean cut nails elongated to sharp dark talons that clawed at his sides. Everrett grabbed both of his arms and gently pushed him down onto the bench.

"Ford what's going on right now" Everrett mind linked back.

"He's trying to get out. Fuck it's so hot" Ford reached for the bottom of his hoodie to at least slip the arms out but the blonde grabbed his hands instead.

"Not a good idea, that's the only thing keeping all 'that' inside. So unless you want a boom of teen pregnancies keep it on" Everrett said standing and covering his nose. He paced back and forth cursing every third word.

His canines stretched from their already abnormal size to huge monster like fangs. He huffed and whined covering his aching mouth.

"Alpha you are gonna have to drive yourself home," Miles said biting his nails.

"That's fine just give me the key" Ford said basically stumbling forward to stand up. As Miles ruffles to unhook his car, he took up his book bag and even though it was hot he put his ball cap back on. If anyone could see his pained look on his face they would know something was wrong.

The second he got the key he walked into the school the quietest he could. The moment he passed the steel corridors practically flew through the halls.

The sound of his heavy breathes and his heart beat were the only thing he could hear, till someone's footsteps crept up behind him. When he speed up so did the extra pair of footsteps. He could already tell who it was by the mere sound of her feet. Her scent reached out and grabbed him engulfing him in a momentary ecstasy. He froze in place at the sound of her calling his voice.

"Hey Ford, are you okay," Enyo asked reaching for his shoulder. He jerked forward at her slight touch.

"Sorry I cant talk right now," he said waving her off over his shoulder.

"Are you sure? You don't sound ok like at a-,"

"I said I'm fine," he snarled spinning on his heels to face her. Ford stumbled back at her expression. She had retracted her hand and her eyebrows furrowed, she looked hurt. His face softened as took a step forward to apologize but he just couldn't.

She wasn't wearing what she was before.

The black jean shorts that stopped inches above her knees were replaced by shorts the girl track team used. Short, bright red and barely left her up thigh and she filled them out so well they stuck to her like a second skin. Instead of the big white button down she just wore the sports bra that made his knees weak. He watched the beads of sweat drip from her neck down to her chest.