Three

Guinevere

"You'll be the first to know."

I grinned at Silvanna's words. I already told her about my current dilemma and she really had the audacity to laugh at me at first. What do you even expect from your best friend really? I asked her for help on finding a job and thankfully she's got some prospects.

"So where do you plan on living? Any apartments in mind?" She asked as she took a bite of her sandwich.

I sighed, "I was just planning to get just probably a room? Just a small one..."

Silvanna winced, "My goodness, who is this guy that you're willing to give up your life of comfort just to run away from marrying him?"

I sighed, "I don't even know. I just want to be married to Gusion, nobody else."

Silvanna then rolled her eyes, "Please, he's happy with Lesley and besides, you only like him-"

"I love him, okay? Lesley is cool but you know, nothing lasts forever. They'll break up sooner or later, you'll see." I said with confidence before taking a sip from my mango shake.

Silvanna sighed, "You don't love him. You only had a decent conversation with him twice and it was all just about you making up white lies to cover up your unhealthy stalking."

"What's your point exactly?"

Silvanna took my wallet that was sitting on the table in front of me and before I could protest, she took out the folded picture of a boy wearing a purple scarf. It was young Gusion. I mean he looked like Gusion and I recognized that scarf and hair. The image was a bit blurry as if the photo was taken in a hurry but I was positive it was Gusion.

"This is making you do stupid things. You only found this in the playground back when you were seven and you're the only one insisting that it's Gusion." Silvanna said.

I reached out and snatched the photo from her, "It's a sign that he's my soulmate okay? Of course I'm sure it's Gusion because I saw him that day wearing the exact thing in this photo."

Silvanna groaned, "Seriously, Gwen. Just because a photo of a boy got blown by the wind to your direction doesn't mean that's your soulmate."

I rolled my eyes, "Why are we even talking about this?"

"Because I want you to wake up and think things through here. I know arranged marriage is a nightmare but why not give that guy a chance? Maybe he isn't so bad and that way you won't have to work your ass off to pay for your living while you're still studying."

I shook my head defiantly, "No way. I'm sure I can handle this challenge. I'm loyal to Gusion no matter what."

"Fine!'

I blinked in shock as I stared at her in confusion. Silvanna finishes her drink before she glared at me, "I'll let you stay at our place."

"W-what? Sil, I can really just look for-"

"Shut it. You're not gonna be living like a mouse, alright? We have a spare room anyway and mom and dad are basically always on business trips. Dyrroth is in his boarding school so having you there won't be a bother."

I smiled widely, "Awe, Sil thank you so much! You really are the best!"

"I am and I still think I'm right when I say this is not going to end well. You can really just give that guy a chance."

"So I'm looking forward to your updates on the jobs."

Silvanna rolled her eyes in annoyance.

I tried my best to pay attention in class but my mind would wander off to my current dilemma. What job am I even fit for? I only know a few things. I've been pampered my whole life and I'm actually nervous of whatever job I'll land.

Maybe I can handle office work? Fetch people's coffees and photocopy documents? I could really just ask Lancelot to hire me but that would be too easy and I'm pretty sure father wouldn't allow me in. I can maybe apply as a cafe' cashier or waitress? Maybe a cashier at the supermarket? I sighed at the realization that those jobs were exhausting and only offered low money. I don't think it'll help me with the bills I'll need to pay.

"Miss Guinevere!"

I let out a small gasp at the sound of my name and I stared at the professor in front. Dammit, I spaced out for too long.

"Ma'am?"

"Care to share to the class what you thought of the novel I assigned you all to read?"

Oh thank goodness. I stood and shared my insights about the novel with my head held high which made the class stare at me in awe. I have a way with speech and I'm pretty proud of that. People would listen when I speak and I wished my father was no exception to that.

"That'll be all."

Our professor gave me a small smile and a nod before letting me take my seat again. I sat down and accidentally made eye contact with none other than Granger. His brows were furrowed and his lips were set into a thin line like usual. I raised a brow at him but he only kept his gaze at me for a bit before looking away. He wasn't even unfazed? The nerve.

After my classes I waited for Lancelot to pick me up. I have my own car and I know how to drive but my brother insisted he'll do the driving until I graduate. I bet that's void in two days. Once I got home, I refused to meet any of their gazes nor did I even try to speak to them. I noticed how Lancelot would glance at me worriedly bit I ignored him.

The next day, Silvanna gave me a card the moment we sat down for lunch.

"I found you a decent and high paying job, madame." She said proudly.

I raised a brow and took the card from her, "That fast? What job is it?"

"Well you're going to babysit a mansion." She replied.