Sixteen

Guinevere

I frowned and slowly pulled away from his embrace. I looked up at him and saw his worried eyes looking at me.

"How did you-"

"Your crush."

"Oh."

He cleared his throat and stepped back from me. It was as if he just got back from his senses.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded and tried to give him a smile, "I'm fine. A little shaken up but I'm fine."

He nodded in relief, "That's good."

I stared at him and smiled in amusement. This made him frown.

"What?"

I shook my head with a chuckle, "Nothing. I'm just not used to you being all concerned and worried about me."

"Well I am sort of responsible for you as much as my parents are."

He did have a point but still. He didn't even reprimand me for being home late. I decided to just nod my head anyway.

"Well I better start working on dinner."

I was about to go to the grocery bags but he stepped in front of me.

"Don't bother. I'll handle it. Go to your room and get changed or whatever it is you girls do."

I raised a brow at him with an amused smile again.

He sighed, "Go now before I change my mind."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I smiled at myself in the mirror as I brushed my hair. Today was good. A bit terrifying but overall it wasn't so bad. I got to interact with my crush and proved he really was a gentleman, and I got to see a very interesting side of Granger.

Dinner went well and he was quiet but he made sure I ate properly. It was really amusing. Gone was that cold and mean Granger that I knew. I may be able to pull off this deal with my father after all.

The next day, I decided to clean the house after breakfast and do my homeworks right after. Granger was in his room, playing the violin. I listened for a bit but decided I needed to finish up my cleaning if I want to be able to start working on my homeworks.

I sweeped every area of the house before I went out to the pool area. I made sure every inch was spotless. I let out a breath and went over to the shed where the cleaning tools were stored. I was about to head back when I noticed a gate near the shed.

My brows furrowed in confusion. Mrs. H gave us a tour around the mansion but she never mentioned this one nor did Silvanna and I notice this. I walked over to the gate and tried to open it but failed when I saw the chain around the bars with a slightly rusty padlock.

I crouched down to examine the lock when a voice calling out my name made me jump in surprise. I turned to see Granger.

"What are you doing back here?" He asked.

He gave me a suspicious look before he walked closer to me while his hands were inside his pockets.

"I was just putting away the cleaning stuff when I noticed this gate over here. Where does this lead to?"

He looked over at the gate behind me and then back at me.

"And why would you want to know?"

I shrugged, "Am I not allowed to know? Is this like a family secret?"

He sighed and shook his head, "No but I do believe you need to come with me."

I raised a brow at him, confused.

"Go with you where?"

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

We're now at the women's boutique and I still have no idea what we were doing here. Granger sat down on the couch and pulled out his phone.

"What are we doing here again?"

He nodded towards the racks of clothes.

"Try something on. Preferably a dress. Something garden-ish."

I frowned at how vague he was. I walked in front of him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why should I do that? Is this for your girlfriend? Wait do you even have a girlfriend? Because if you do, why not take her herself? Why bring me into this?"

He sighed before he stood up and I took a step back in shock. His face was inches away from me. What on earth is he doing?

"It's Lesley's birthday today. We're both invited. I am expected to buy something for my girlfriend for her to wear in that party."

I frowned in confusion. Party? His girlfriend? He's expected to buy.....wait a minute.

"Me? Your girlfriend?"

He sighed, "Just try something on so we can be done here."

He turned around and sat down on the couch again.

"You didn't tell them? You actually went along with their assumptions?"

He looked at me lazily, "If you can't tell them straight that you're working as my maid then why should I?"

My jaw dropped. So I was right, he did do it for me. A smile made its way on my lips. This made him frown in return.

"I know I never took the time to get to know you, Granger, but I never expected you to be this sweet." I said to him teasingly.

He scoffed, "Sweet? You're way over your head there, princess."

I smiled wider at his nickname. He sighed at the realization.

"Just go."

I grinned and nodded, "Okay I'll take this offer! I've been dying to get new clothes anyway!"

And with that I took my time in selecting and trying on various dresses. I showed each to Granger of course but all seemed to not amaze or please him.

I was getting tired but I wasn't giving up. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity here and I won't pass this up. I walked down the aisle of dresses when I spotted a one shoulder gradient dress that reminded me of a lotus flower. I took it instantly and immediately tried it on.

The moment I walked out of the dressing room and towards Granger, I knew the moment his eyes lingered on me that I found the dress.

"This one, right?"

My voice snapped him back to his senses and he cleared his throat before nodding.

"About time. I'll see you at the door."

I smiled to myself as I watched him walk towards the counter. He gestured at me and the lady nodded before they started talking.

I turned to look at myself in the mirror again. I looked so elegant in this dress. I wonder if Gusion will love it.