Nine

Guinevere

I stayed quiet as I ate my dinner. Granger did the same but as he ate, he would occasionally check his phone and glance at me and I would glare at him everytime he did.

"Do you even know household chores?" He asked me after a few minutes of silence.

I raised a brow at him. Should I be offended at that? I cleared my throat and shrugged, "I know how to cook, clean, and operate a washing machine."

Granger stared at me with an amused grin. I narrowed my eyes at him for that.

"That's not a lot." He commented before he finished up his food.

"At least I know some..." I trailed off as I realized he could possibly get me fired if he decided to report this to his parents.

"Why are you even working?" He asked.

"Because I want to." I lied and he seemed to have noticed that.

"Oh please. You're the only daughter of your family and I don't take you as the type to actually work just for fun. Is your dad aware of this?"

I didn't know how to respond so I stood up and gathered our dirty plates instead.

"I need to take care of these now." I said before picking up the stacked plates and making my way to the kitchen sink.

I didn't dare look back at him as I went. He may be my boss but there are some things he shouldn't stick his nose into. That was too personal.

I started to wash the dishes in peace and afterwich, I got to cleaning up the kitchen countertops when I heard the sound of the refrigerator door opening. I turned to see Granger taking out a can of pineapple juice while he raised a brow at me.

"You failed to cook me dinner and now you're not answering my question. You're making such a bad impression now, if you ask me." He commented as he opened his canned drink.

I sighed, "I already told you. I'm working because I want to, alright?"

I looked at him sternly, making him blink before he shrugged. I may be his maid but I'm not going to let him trample me just because he wants to. I'm still Guinevere Baroque and he's still Granger the stuck-up guy from school.

"If you say so."

With that, he turned and left. I watched him go and let out a sigh after he disappeared down the hallway. I don't know how I'll manage to survive that guy.

After making sure that the kitchen was tidy and clean, I proceeded to cleaning up the living room when a noise from the pool area made me pause.

Was he seriously swimming at this hour? I rolled my eyes at that before I continued on sweeping the floors. While I worked, I didn't realize I was already humming and singing to myself.

I was so preoccupied with vacuuming the carpet when a sound of applause made me jump. I looked over, expecting to see Granger but my heart skipped a beat at the sight of Gusion.

"G-Gusion! You're here? I didn't even hear anybody come in..." I exclaimed in shock.

This is so embarrassing! I must look like a mess! I was wearing an apron that I forgot to take off after washing the dishes and my hair is up in a messy bun with my bangs not even sprayed.

He chuckled, "I'm sorry for scaring you. I got here a few minutes ago. I was just hanging around the poolside while I waited for Granger when I heard you singing. I didn't know you could sing well, Guinevere."

I blushed at that. He knows my name! I let out a small laugh and shrugged, "I'm not really a singer though...never considered that idea really but thank you?"

Goodness I sound so petty and so lame but darn it! My crush is right in front of ne and he even complimented my singing! What the hell?

"You should really give that talent a thought. Hey! How about you become our very first lead singer? We've been looking for one for months now."

I blinked at the offer. Right! I've heard they've been wanting to form a band but they have been struggling to find a lead singer.

"I mean...we're not that good of a band yet but every great band starts small, yeah?" He said after my silence. He must've thought that it meant I didn't liked his idea.

"Oh! I mean yes! Yes I'll gladly take your offer and I know your band will be great!" I exclaimed way too enthusiastically that I ended up getting ashamed once again.

"Yeah? That's awesome!" He said with a wide and genuine smile.

"What's awesome?"

Just like that, my smiled faltered when I turned to see Granger come in with a piece of paper in his hand. He raised his brow at me before turning to Gusion. Dammit, I forgot Granger was actually a part of the band.

"I just found us a lead singer, Altan." Gusion replied with a smile.

Granger frowned at that, "Who?"

Gusion nodded my way and Granger turned to me with an unamused look.

"You? You can sing?" He asked.

I raised a brow at him, matching his cold expression, "I believe so."

He stared at me for a bit before he smirked, "I'll be the judge of that. Come on, let's hear it then."

He turned and I looked at his retreating form. I then looked at Gusion, confused and he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Come on, we just finished setting up in the entertainment room." He said before following Granger.

I gulped. They're gonna listen to me sing....Gusion's going to hear me sing again.