Twelve

Guinevere

He raised a brow at my greeting but nodded at me anyway.

"Is dinner ready? We have practice in a few."

I grinned and nodded, "Mhm! All ready and it's your favorite!"

He blinked and stared at me in curiosity, "My favorite?"

I nodded again and motioned for him to follow me to the dining room. I asked Mrs. H. what Granger's favorite dish was and thankfully, I knew how to prepare it. I watched his reaction when he laid his eyes on his bowl of creamy mushroom soup with a plate of fried bread on the side.

He blinked multiple times before he looked back to me.

"How did you know?" He asked as he pulled back the chair.

I smiled and shrugged, "I asked and well...I just want to break the ice. It would be really draining if we continue this cold and silent treatment while I stayed here...don't you think?"

I was sincere with every word. I realized how stupid all this was. It's like we're in a Tom and Jerry show, always at each other's nerves. Why do I even dislike him? Why does he treat me so coldly too, anyway?

He cleared his throat and shrugged, "I appreciate the effort."

I smiled at that. There was no sarcasm or anything insulting about his tone. That's progress. We ate in silence and as usual, Granger finished his meal first. He glanced at me and nodded his head to the clock hanging on the wall across the table.

I nodded in understanding before he went out of the room. I cleaned up the table and washed the dishes. I went up to my room to make sure I still looked presentable.

"You got this. You can sing well and they already like you! You just gotta own it." I said to my reflection as I smiled widely.

I then turned to leave my room and walked downstairs. I was so lost in my thoughts when a voice made me jump slightly.

"Hi! You must be Guinevere?"

I looked to see Lesley smiling up at me. I was surprised but I decided to smile back at her.

"Hello...uh...yes I'm Guinevere."

She nodded and extended her hand for me to shake. I blinked and eyed her hand before looking back up to her smiling face.

"I'm Lesley Vance. It's great to meet the very first vocalist of the band!"

Oh I already know who you are.

I let out a small laugh and shook her hand, "Thank you, it's great to meet you too."

"Ah, there you are."

Both me and Lesley turned to see Gusion walking towards us with Alucard following him.

"I see you've already met." Gusion said with a smile before he placed his arm casually over Lesley's shoulders.

I nodded, "Yeah..."

"I'm Alucard by the way! I heard you have a great voice! I'm the drummer of the band." Alucard shook my hand even though I didn't extend it.

I couldn't help but chuckle at his enthusiasm.

"I don't know about great voice but thanks...It's nice to meet you, Alucard."

He grinned and gave me a wink before Gusion grabbed him by the shoulder.

"Don't even think about hitting on her. Miya will have you dead by dawn if she found out."

Alucard laughed and punched his arm playfully making Gusion wince. He rubbed his arm before smiling back at me.

"Forgive him, he's just messing around."

I smiled and nodded. So this is Alucard Wing. I've heard of him being one of the school's playboys and heartthrob. Rumors have been circulating that even though he's dating the campus darling, Miya Dune, he's also seen several times with Ruby Hound.

"Wow, I never knew your place is sooo neat, Granger!"

All of us turned to see another male with a dark complexion and jet black hair. He smiled at us with his white teeth that I was mesmerized by them.

"Ah, Brody. I was wondering when you'd arrive. Benedetta got you hold up, huh?" Alucard greeted him with a high five.

Granger then came in and raised a brow at the sight of me being so close with Lesley but thankfully, he didn't comment about it.

"Brody here is in charge of making sure the sound system is intact and in great condition. He's also in charge of the bass." Gusion said to me.

I nodded in understanding. So I'm the singer, Gusion is the guitarist, Granger is the one on the organ, Alucard being the drummer, and Brody as the bass.

"This is our fine lead singer, Guinevere Baroque." Alucard said as he led Brody closer to where I was standing.

Brody smiled and offered his hand, "Brody Smith. Nice to meet you."

I smiled and shook his hand, "Likewise."

"So, I saw you coming down from upstairs. I was wondering, do you live here?" Lesley asked me with a curious look.

I blinked and turned to her. She was looking at me expectantly. I then turned around to see everyone looking at me. My eyes then landed on Granger who was just looking at me with a bored look.

"I...uh..."

What's wrong if I tell them I work and live here anyway? I was about to answer when Alucard let out a whistle and a laugh before clapping Granger on his back. The impact made Granger stumble slightly forward.

"Daaamn! So that's why you're ignoring all those girls! You're already with Guinevere, aren't you?!"

Granger frowned and looked at the blonde with an incredulous look. My jaw was open in shock at his accusation.

"Oh no no I-"

Brody and Gusion laughed, drowning out my voice and not even bothering to hear me out.

"Aweee, you didn't have to be so shy about it, Granger. Dating suits you and not to mention, miss Guinevere here is a great catch. Congratulations by the way." Brody said and gave me a wink.

I stared at him in shock before I shook my head, "You don't understand-"

"I'm sorry for prying. I guess you both wanted to keep your relationship private." Lesley said with her apologetic smile, cutting me off.

I was about to protest but Granger stepped in, "It's past six. Let's start practicing."

All of us paused and watched as he walked upstairs to the band room.

Alucard smirked and nudged me playfully before following the others upstairs.

I stood there in confusion. Why didn't he argue and correct them? A part of me was mad and another part was relieved. It would be sorta embarrassing if they knew what my actual role here is...but then again, Granger can also save his pride and tell them otherwise, right? Just what the hell?

"Hey, lead singer! Your boyfriend's waiting." Brody called from upstairs, breaking me from my thoughts.