Ten

Guinevere

I followed them inside the room with their equipment ready. The drums, the bass, the microphones, speakers, everything a band needed.

I stared at the place in awe. I looked to the side to see the extra television and DVD player. There was also a couch and some stuffed animals and pillows. I also noticed a small fridge.

"Alright, I wanna test you out." Granger said as he sat down on the couch.

I turned to him while Gusion walked over to sit on a stool. He gave me a smile while Granger kept a straight face.

"What do you want me to sing?" I asked.

"I'll go easy on you for tonight. Sing whatever you feel comfortable singing." He replied as he leaned against the couch.

I blinked, not expecting him to say any of that. I cleared my throat and tried to think of a song. One came to mind. I always loved singing Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez songs. I decided to go for Selena tonight.

It's been said and done, every beautiful thought's been already sung...

I kept my eyes at Granger as I sang. I wanted to show him that I got this and I'll manage to impress him and Gusion. I sang with emotions and made sure that my facial expressions and movements matched with my song.

You saved my life again and I want you to know baby...

When I got to the chorus, I closed my eyes to feel the lyrics and when I decided to open them again, I turned to Gusion and smiled while I sang. I hope you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

I, I love you like a love song baby...

In the back of my mind, I felt like what I'm doing is wrong. He's got a girlfriend and I should respect that. But the other part, the stronger part acting upon me tonight, made me continue looking at him as I sang.

Constantly, boy you play through my mind like a symphony
There's no way to descri-

"Okay that's enough."

I stopped and I looked over to Granger. He was looking straight to my eyes. He looked so serious that I suddenly feel nervous. What's that look for?

"She's awesome, yeah?" Gusion said with a chuckle.

I crack a small smile as I gave him a glance before looking back to Granger. His expression remained so serious and cold but Gusion's encouragement made me bolder now. I raised a brow at him but he didn't even flinch or react to that.

"Yeah. She'll do. We'll have rehearsals every friday night at 6 pm." Granger said sternly.

Every fridays I get to hang out with Gusion! How awesome is that?! I couldn't help but grin at that. Just when I thought I'll suffer while I worked under Granger.

"Welcome to the band, Guinevere!" Gusion said before he reached out his hand for me to shake.

I smiled at him and shook it, "Thank you! I'll do my best!"

He nodded with his sweet and genuine smile before he let go of my hand. I turned only to see Granger still looking at me with such a cold expression. He always looked at me so coldly but this look he have right now made me slightly concerned.

What the hell.

●○●○●○●

The moment I stepped out of the room, I immediately fished out my phone from my pocket and sent a text to Silvanna, telling her everything that's happened.

I was so giddy that I had to bite my lip to stop myself from squealing. I walked down towards the kitchen to get a glass of water when my phone beeped.

Lady luck decided to bless you tonight then. Try to get some sleep though. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight!

I smiled at her text and was just about to text back when Granger suddenly came in. He looked at me before proceeding towards the fridge.

He sure loves taking things from the fridge. I cleared my throat as I straightened up.

"You like him." He commented after a few minutes of silence.

I blinked in surprise as I watched him take an apple. He eyed me and raised a brow.

"He's happy with his girlfriend and I hope you will not ruin it for the both of them. Try to respect your fellow woman?" He said sternly before taking a bite of his apple.

I stood there in pure shock. He then turned and left. What he said made me so stunned and affected that I ended up leaning against the kitchen counter. He does have a point but...what the heck?

Anger takes over me this time. Of course I respect his relationship! I just sang! But then guilt washes over me when I remembered how I turned to Gusion and sang to him with such emotion.

Didn't I just try to flirt with him just a few minutes ago?

Argh! I really hate that Altan! Granger really knows how to press my buttons!

I grabbed a glass and filled it with water before I walked to my room. I didn't even bother reply to Silvanna anymore. My mood's all ruined now and she's probably sleeping already.