Thirteen

Guinevere

Lesley clapped her hands right when I sang the last line of the song we have been practicing for the last two hours. Gusion winked at her while she laughed. I cleared my throat and looked the other way and that's when I locked eyes with Granger instead. His eyebrow was raised and he was actually smiling....in amusement.

I then glared at him. Was he mocking me or something?

"I am exhausted! Can we call it a night?" Alucard announced as he stretched his arms.

Granger looked at his watch and nodded in agreement, "I guess it's cool to end things here for tonight. We still got a few more days to practice the other songs before our next gig."

I turned to him in surprise, "We have a gig?"

He looked at me with such a bored look before answering, "Yes. It'll be next next week at the Peacock Gardens."

My eyes widened in shock. The Peacock Gardens is one of the most famous and expensive restaurants in the city and I'll be singing there?!

"What? You getting cold feet or something?" Granger asked.

Brody chuckled, "A stage fright? You'll outgrow that. Besides, your boyfriend will be with you anyway. Don't sweat it, Guin."

I looked at him, "He's not my boyfriend."

Brody nodded but I knew he wasn't taking my word seriously and that was frustrating.

"Hey, you were incredible tonight so a few more practice will only make you even better so there's no reason to be so anxious." Lesley said to me with a comforting smile.

I looked into her eyes and saw how genuine she was and I had to smile back. She may be dating my crush and that I shouldn't like her but she's very hard not to like. She's been so kind to me for the past few hours.

"Thanks." I managed to say to her before she nodded and walking over to Gusion.

I watched as she handed him a bottle of water and he accepted it before placing a kiss on her cheek which made her smile.

My heart ached at the sight. They looked so happy.

●○●○●○●

"You both better behave yourselves, alright?" Alucard said sternly while he pointed at me and Granger.

The others laughed at his reminder and I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Drive safely." Granger replied before he turned to go back inside the house.

I watched him go before turning back to everyone else who were getting inside their own cars but for Alucard's case, he mounted his motorbike before driving away.

I saw Lesley waving at me before she and Gusion drove off.

Once everyone was gone, I made my way back inside. I made sure to lock the doors before I decided I needed to eat something.  Of course I was still affected by the display of my crush and his very likable girlfriend earlier that I needed to unwind before going to bed.

I made my way to the fridge and looked for anything to munch on but realized in defeat that there was actually nothing and that I was why I planned on stopping by the store tomorrow.

I sighed and closed the fridge. I looked over to the clock on the wall and saw that it was already 8:30. The store is 30 minutes away from here. I walked out of the kitchen and stared at the staircase leading up to the bedrooms.

Was he sleeping already? I bit on my lip as I walked upstairs to my room. When I walked past his door, I didn't see any light creeping out from below his closed door. He must be asleep now.

Good for him.

I proceeded to my room and closed the door behind me. Letting out a sigh, I opened the lights and sat down on my table.

I'm not even sleepy yet.

Biting my lip, I decided to grab a few dollars from my wallet and putting on a jacket. I want to clear my head first if I wanted to catch any sleep.

I walked out of my room and quietly walked downstairs. I locked the doorknob of the backdoor since I have a key anyway, I'll just have to pass through here later.

I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my jacket and walked away. I can use my car but I decided not to since it could wake Granger and it would be a waste of fuel.

As I walked, a few people walked past me while they talked on their phones and some were even couples whispering and giggling to each other. They only reminded me of Lesley and Gusion.

Just great.

I continued to walk aimlessly as I thought about how sweet the two were earlier. They looked so good together and they seemed so contented and happy.

I thought Lesley was such the typical cool girlfriend, the type that would be so obnoxiously self-centered but she was legitimately cool. Cool in a way that she was so easy to be around with. She had this sisterly vibe to her that you couldn't help but want to be friends with her.

And Gusion is clearly so in love with her and Lesley was in love with him. Of course I was happy that he's happy. Lesley is such an amazing girl.

I groaned and stopped in my tracks as I stared at my black sneakers.

Why am I praising my rival? Am I actually calling it quits? Am I letting him go?

I took in a deep breath before I walked on. I need a bite. I need food because I'm clearly losing my mind.

●○●○●○●

After a few minutes of walking, I finally made it to the nearest convenience store and I bought myself three donuts, yes three, and a bottle of strawberry flavored milk.

I sat down on one of the tables and looked outside the window. The store was peaceful. Just five more customers sipping on their drinks as they sat on the other tables. The music kept the store alive too.

I let out a sigh of satisfaction as I took a bite from my donut. I was zoning out when suddenly someone sat down across from me, making me blink.

"Next time, tell me when you decide to leave the house at night." Granger said sternly.