Chapter III: Mysterious Stranger

The stars were sharp against the inky sky. The moon flooded the room with white light, illuminating the yellowed, fragile pages of its reflection.

Sana look out the window of her room and listen to music, she decided to not go out for tonight since there's an event that will take place. As she stares outside, she notice a girl sneaking out into the woods.

Is she planning on killing someone?

Curious, she quickly wear her cloak and followed. Sana knew that this can be dangerous, especially that she's new and doesn't have enough experience. She followed her down a dark path, checking from left to right she saw another girl waiting for her. The girl calls out loudly the other girl who began to jog towards her. Then softly Sana heard the girl tell her.

"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye, never go tell a lie and hurt you."

I woke up from the terrible nightmare, how can I get rick rolled in my sleep. It's exactly 20 minutes past midnight, I think they should be done by now. I flip over my pillow and lie back down as I silently stare at nothing. Should I really be here? I can't imagine myself killing someone, they said it doesn't matter as long as it's a bad guy. But aren't we also bad?

I shrug the thought and turn to the other side of the bed near the window. There seems to be a bright light shining on me. I quietly hop out if bed and tip-toe over the window, looking at the garden, expecting to see nothing but a rabbit. But I spot someone moving swiftly towards the forest edge, a girl. She turns to look at back at the Academy, I feel as if our eyes lock, even though I know she can't see me. Without thinking, I glide across the Assassin's dormitory soundlessly and head out the door. I speed out the many flights of steps, hoping to catch up to the mysterious girl.

I make down to the front door, it was open? How can she had done it now. How? I step through the open door, feeling the cold icy ground under my bare feet as I stand under the moon-lit sky. I see her nearly reaching the forest so I dash after her. I run to the long grass
and my hair flows behind me, feeling so free in this moment. I catch up to her, but stop before I get too close. She begins to walk through the trees and I follow, not too far from behind.

I never had been inside the forest, heck I didn't even know it existed. I can't even feel the ground under my feet. Suddenly, she looks back. She must have heard me. I freeze on my spot. She looks at me shock for a moment, but her expression turn into a grin. Her smile was beautiful. I could only see her in the little light coming through the trees from the moon. Her long black hair fell over her eyes. She's also wearing a cloack, pairing perfectly with her white flawless skin. She shook her head and turn back around. Only then I see a stone wall covered in vines, beside it is a waterfall. It was as if I'm in a fairytale, feeling like a princess who is following her prince to a forbidden destination.

She turned an old key, and with a push she opened a gate. The gate was covered in rambling roses that had just blossomed. She ducked her head and walked through the archway. She turned back to look at me, staring directly at my eyes as I feel trapped and hypnotized.

"Aren't you coming?" She frowned. Her voice was just perfect as she was. I tried to talk but no words formed so I just nodded my head. When I entered, it took a while for my sight to adjust, there are many fruits and plants, a fountain at the middle. Could it have been an orchard? It was the definition of perfect. Although, it seemed so strange, who is this girl?

I looked around and my eyes reached the girl, she was staring at me. I stood there awkwardly. "I'm sorry-" she apologized, looking down at her feet, flustered. I smiled at her.

"What is this place?" I asked. "You like it?"

"It's brilliant." She hopped onto the paving that surrounded the old yet still beautiful fountain. She held out her hand. "Dance with me."

"Eh? But there's no music." I giggled.

"You don't need music to dance, all you need is me, you're gorgeous partner." She chuckled softly as you laugh at her silly antics. I took her hand. She swept me up and pulled me into her chest. "You know it's strange really...." She trails off, looking deeply at me as I do the same. "How you trust me like this when you don't know my name, I can easily kill you." She smiled again, making her eyes disappear.

I don't know why, but something about her is making me feel safe. "Oh-what is your name?"

"You'll find out when it's time but for now, let's dance the night away." She smirked mysteriously. We dance for what I feel like hours. Then she spun me around, and kissed me under the moonlight.

Before I can react, she disappeared and I was back in my room, still laying on my bed. "Was it all just a dream?" I whispered, touching my lips. But it felt real, her soft lip onto mine. I got out again, and dashed outside, seeing a lot of figures moving around, their eyes glows as they spotted me.

He was wearing a suit, a Hitman. He grab the pistol inside his pocket and pointed it at me, was about to pull the trigger when another figure appears, also a Hitman. "Looks like we're lucky Jin, our first kill will be the new kid."

"I saw her first, Irene. She's mine, go find someone else." The guy named Jin growls. He pointed the gun on my head and pulled the trigger.

:)