Chapter V: A Crime After Crime

Sana couldn't stop thinking about what occurred earlier, and the words Mina spoke still haunted her as she walked in a straight path. But she knows what the girl said meant more than she could have imagined; the way the students respond when Dahyun and Tzuyu fought, or how the crowd stares as they go past them, all have a deeper significance than she could have imagined.

"Sana, how are you doing? Is there anything bothering you since you've been zoning out?" Mina inquired, concerned, because she couldn't help but notice Sana's behavior. Sure, she's new, but she knows if she's properly trained and managed she might experience something unexpected. Sana's air bending technique was enough to convince Mina of this.

"Nothing major; I'm just taken aback. After all, I'm still new to this. I'm simply relieved that neither of them was seriously injured." Sana sighed a breath of relief. "However, where are we going?"

"Dahyun and Tzuyu will be alright, especially since Dahyun has the ability to cure anything with her plants."

 "To answer your question, we're traveling to the school's dining hall, where the headmaster will undoubtedly present you to the kids. He'll assign you to your house and give you assignments that you can only achieve with the assistance of others." Mina remarked. "That someone will help you train for the remainder of the school year," she said again as they approached the Dining Area.

With that in mind, they proceeded to the aforementioned dining hall, where they discovered a royal red carpet in the middle of two long tables on each side of the vast room, each crammed with students dressed in two sets of uniform. On the right, the Hitmen, and on the left, the Assassins. The Highest rankers, also known as the council, and, of course, the Head Master, were sat at another long table just in front. 

While sitting with Mina and the other Assassins, Sana was met by an eerie atmosphere as the eyes of the students, including the council and the Head Master, followed her every movement. When a stern older gentleman at the head table rises with a champagne glass in his hand, the deafening silence ended. His wrist sparkles with diamond cuff links. "Dear students of The Assassination Academy, commonly known as Ass," he said in a deep raspy voice. Laughters erupted as he joked about the school's name. "For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting, I'm Park Jinyoung, The Academy's Head Master," he continued once the laughing died down.