Chapter 11: Death of A Friend & A Stranger

Blood was everywhere. The thick red liquid was everywhere. Fiona on the ground, dead. I couldn't hear anything. All I heard was ringing and all I saw was red. Not because of the blood on the floor though. I was going to kill these mother fuckers. No one is going to go near her body. No one is going to go near Draco.

I have blood dripping down my face. One of them had carved something into my forehead and yelling at me.

"If you're going to follow these freaks then it's only right that you look like one!"

But much more has happened before this scene in front of us had played out.

~

I had Draco wrapped around my arm. I wanted to make sure that he stayed close to me as we made our way back to the Room of Requirement. Not only that, but I didn't want anyone to notice that he was a wizard, so keeping him close like this and him being covered in my sweatshirt, which was pretty over sized for him because of how different our body types were.

"Harry," Draco breathed. He stopped walking, as did I, and I was confused. Why did we stop walking? "Did you hear that?" He continued in a low whisper voice.

"Hear what Dray?" He had a coat of pink on his cheeks; probably wasn't expecting that nickname. I honestly wasn't really expecting it to slip out of my mouth and I actually has a bit of a blush on my face.

"There's someone," the blonde started shaking. I could tell that he was scared. I wasn't going to risk anything, so I took out my pistol that I had on me at all times and was in a ready stance. I brought Draco towards me and hid his face in my chest. Whatever it was I wasn't going to let it touch the boy that I deeply cared about.

"Who's there?" I said in a semi confident voice. I didn't yell. I wasn't going to risk it just in case it was nothing, but I also couldn't whisper because I needed to seem strong in front of the danger. I repeated myself when I got no answer. "Who the fuck is there?"

A minute later and nothing. I don't know what was happening, but it happened so fast that I couldn't coordinate where my feet stepped.

There was a gun shot. A person came out of the shadows and shot their gun towards Draco and I, but someone pushed us out of the way and yelled out for us to watch out. I put my other arm around Draco as we fell towards the floor and I heard grunts from the person who had saved us.

I looked over at the person and it was a boy. Not just any boy. The boy was was pretty handsome not going to lie. He wasn't someone without magic. I could tell. He had a stick in his hand, which was most likely a wand, he wasn't someone I knew nor recognized, but wouldn't I have noticed him if he was in the Room of Requirement with us? Unless, he wasn't there in the room. He was shot in the shoulder. Still up and ready to fight, but he was bleeding out. It was just a small area, but I could tell that he was weak. Was he living out here the whole time and fending for himself? His hair was mated and all over the place. It was a dirty blonde color, emphasizing the dirty because it looked like it had mud, dirt, and maybe even some blood in it as well. I couldn't tell what his eye color was, but it was probably a dark color. He was decently built, but you could tell that he hasn't eaten in so long.

"Well well well," said the teenage boy that shot the gun. "It's our favorite freak!" He laughed, as well has his friend that was next to him. "Cedric Diggory. What a weird name if you ask me. You don't even have to have magic to be a freak!" He looked towards me and his eyes widened with a gasp. His friends then turned towards me and had a similar reaction, but a bit more dramatic if you ask me. "Harry fucking Potter!?" I stayed silent, glaring at them and hiding Draco right behind me. "You're with these freaks now!?"

"It's better than being with assholes," I said cooly.

"Oh you'll pay for that Potter." He held his gun towards me. He took the shot. I thought it was over. I thought I was dead for sure. Those were my thoughts until Cedric had jumped in front of me and took the bullet. It went straight for his heart and he was now dead. I didn't even know anything about him and I already feel guilt for the boy. He didn't deserve this. This is all my fault. He saved us for a reason though. I'm going to make sure that reason wasn't wasted. I took out my gun and shot at the 'leader' of the group. I definitely hit him because he screamed out in pain, but where I hit couldn't have killed him.