Chapter 4: Hagrid

I walked along the path towards Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It's still so much to take in that there's actual magic existing in their world. Hermione and Ron were both people of magic and Harry still couldn't believe it. It was too much to take in and it came into his head in one blow.

I sighed. It was taking too long to get to this damn school. Maybe I've only been walking for two minutes and I'm already got impatient. I was never a fan of walking aimlessly and I will never be. I used to, but ever since the incident I've always had this anxiety where someone is going to jump me at any moment in time. I have that with walking in general. When I'm hanging out with Fiona my anxiety goes down a bit, but that doesn't stop people from making my life a living hell.

"Is there some sort of short cut I could take!" I yell out to no one in particular. I did get an answer though.

"Y'er just going to half to walk the 'est of the path," said a very gruff voice.

I look to where I heard the voice and I saw someone, or was it something? It was definitely a human, but he was taller than normal people. It was like he was a half giant or something like that. His hair was wild and bushy and it covered his whole face, except his eyes. He seemed like a friend fellow, so I'm going to go with that it wasn't best to get on his bad side.

"Why aren't yee with the other savage muggles?" The giant asked me.

"Because I'm not a savage?" I responded with a bit of a sassy tone. "Sorry," I fixed my tone. "Didn't mean to sound rude or anything. I just don't like when people compare me to others."

The giant seemed to have his eyes brighten. Looks like I'm on his good side. "Yee seem like a nice fellow," he told me. "The name's Rubeus Hagrid, but yee can just call me Hagrid."

"Nice to meet you Hagrid," I say sincerely. "I'm Harry. Harry Potter."

"Well 'Arry," Hagrid started. "If yee want to get to Hogwarts then yee are going to have to take the path. Don't go wandering into the Forbidden Forest."

"What's that?" I asked.

"A place where yee shouldn't be going into. It's dangerous I tell yee."

"Ok," I shook my head in understanding of what he was trying to tell me. "One more question." The half giant nodded his head for me to continue. "What's a muggle?"

"Exactly what yee are. A non-magic folk," he told me. "Now I must be off," he told me. "Don't get in any trouble. Yee hear?"

I nodded and he left. He seemed nice.

~

I listened to Hagrid and decide to stay on the path. I wasn't going to risk dying in a forest that I knew nothing about. Plus, it had the name forbidden in it, so I'll take my chances and say that it's forbidden for a reason.

I finally made it to the huge castle, and I'm not over exaggerating when I say that it could be bigger than a giant. I bet it would be more pretty and calming to look at if there wasn't destruction on the horizon. Destruction. That's what is caused on a beautiful place like this. "I can't believe my eyes," I whispered to myself. No one was around to hear or talk to me. "I have to find Ron and Hermione," I said determinedly.

I started a sprint towards the castle. No one is going to get in my way for helping my friends. I'll make sure of it.

~

I'm hiding. Alone. I lost Granger and the rest of them when we were running away from those crazy muggles. I thought this place was supposed to keep them out. I guess not. I guess when you know what you're looking for you'll find it one way or another.

I won't admit it to anyone, but I'm scared. I just want to break down and cry, but Malfoys don't cry. They don't. I still want to though. I want to curl up into a ball and cry. Screw my pride. Screw being a Malfoy at the moment. If Malfoys don't cry then I'm not a Malfoy right now. I'm just a sixteen year old boy who needs help. Who needs someone to help me. I don't want to die. Not today. Not ever. One day I will though. I just just hope it's not by the hands of a muggle.

I sob silently. Tears streaming down my face. My eyes red and puffy. I just hope no one finds me. I hope that a muggle doesn't find me, or else I'll be dead. Dead as a bee once it stings it's victim. The thing is though. The bee never wanted to harm that person. It just did because they were bothering it. I don't want to be harmed. But if I have to try and sting the person and try and get away, but then end up dead then I will. At least I tried.

I soon started to become unconscious. I feel so light headed right now that I don't have the strength to keep them opened. Before I fully blacked out though I saw a figure walking up to me. Probably my death wish. Good bye world. It was great while it lasted.

~

I walked passed the Hogwarts grounds and into the double doors. As I pushed open the great barriers I heard and saw terror. I felt it. The fear radiating off the castle is so strong that it's hard to go unnoticed. There were already dead children. Some younger than me and some about my age. They didn't deserve this. What did they ever do to the people that killed them? Just being who they are? Now that's something to go by.

The bodies were as still as a person who had frozen in fear, except it was for good. They were paler than any human being alive and they had blood running down different places. There are a lot of gun and knife wounds. For some of them you couldn't even tell that they were human at one point. It seemed like people decided to just carve into them. They're already dead, so why do more harm to their bodies then what was necessary?

I walked up the stairs and down the halls. I kept walking and walking. Thank god I haven't seen anymore dead, but they could be hidden.

I heard a gun shot and jumped. What are with people and scaring the shit out of everyone with just a simple fun shot?

"Hey Potter!" I heard a voice yell out for me. I turn around to see one of my old friends from when I was on the soccer team, Josh. What does he want? Once he came up to me he asked, "did you see that shot?" I blinked. This wasn't the Josh I knew from that back then. He wasn't a killer. No matter the person he never killed. I guess I was wrong.

I shrugged and stayed emotionless. "I guess," I mumbled. "I got to go now." I scampered off and didn't look back. These people weren't human no more. What was the word that Hagrid used awhile back? Savages is what I believe he used. That sounds about right.

I've been walking for god knows how long. Hermione and Ron were nowhere to be found. I hope that they were ok.

I soon heard heavy breathing from behind me. I turn around and saw a figure. I couldn't tell who they were, but they were definitely either passed out or were about to. I walk up to the person and crouch down in front of them.

"Who are you?" I whispered.