Beginner's Arc Part 5: No Restraints

"With no guardrails, this isn't the safest course for beginners. Welcome to another Rainbow Road!" Daisy introduced the course. Lakitu counted down and they set off.

"Whoo! Hilda, you can do it! I know you can win it! You always do! You're the best!" Rosa called.

"You're also in the race, idiot. Now quit getting on my nerves," Leaf scowled. May picked up a red shell and threw it at her.

"Thought I'd get rid of this pest here!" May smiled.

"Thanks!" Hilda replied. She raced past Leaf and was quick to claim victory.

"Can't you ever not win?" Leaf complained.

"What, scared of coming second AGAIN?" Hilda laughed.

"Hey! I'm not scared!" Leaf retorted.

"Please stop fighting!" Peach gasped.

"She started it!" Hilda complained.

"Oh so now you're a three-year-old! Also I only 'started it' because you never let me win!" Leaf scowled.

"Tepig! Flame Armour!" Hilda called and as her arms and legs were set alight, she leaped up and attacked Leaf, while screaming "KYAHH!". Leaf was badly burnt and Rosalina ended up separating them to prevent any further damage.

"Please stop fighting!" Rosalina requested. Serena got off of her bike and walked away from the madness. She still took it with her but it was just easier to walk.

"Right when I was getting settled in here, my friends ruin it. I should've known that they'd care more about winning than what others think!" she sighed.

"It's fine! Rosalina's gonna sort them out while I sit here talking to you!" Daisy smiled out into the distance.

"Oh, hi Daisy. So how come your bike looks so different?" Serena asked.

"I changed up my vehicle a bit. It's a Bone Rattler with Monster wheels and a Paraglider. You can change up your vehicle if you want. It'll help you stand out from the crowd a bit," Daisy suggested.

"Okay then! Fennekin..." Serena started and Fennekin set the wheels on fire. "Wait! You weren't supposed to do that!" she continued.

"Quick! We need to put out the flames!" Daisy called. May's Mudkip, Dawn's Piplup and Gloria's Sobble heard this and leaped over to put out Serena's burning tyres. It was now orange rather than blue.

"Woah, my tyres!" Serena gasped.

"Funky!" Daisy smiled.

"If you're upgrading then I should upgrade too!" Leaf called as she walked over.

"Cool. What are you going to do with it?" Serena asked.

"Well, I've looked and this looks good!" Leaf held up her phone with a blue sports car (except there where no wheels) on it.

"Wow!" Serena gasped. Leaf picked up a few items and started to build a replica of it.

"I can't believe you would waste your time and resources on a Blue Falcon!" Daisy groaned.

"Why? What's wrong with a Blue Falcon?" Serena asked.

"Err... never mind! You can forget I said anything! It's not like some god-like superhero with big muscles rides it in another universe or anything! Err... forget I said that! You do whatever you want with it! It's your kart, not mine!" Daisy laughed awkwardly and then ran away and accidentally fell off of Rainbow Road.. Leaf and Serena shrugged at each other.

"So who do you think she was talking about?" Serena asked.

"Well, probably this guy!" Leaf replied. She held up her phone with a picture of a masked guy with huge muscles standing by the original Blue Falcon.

"Captain Falcon? Interesting name!" Serena commented.

"Wait, how do you know that's his name?" Leaf asked.

"It says right there!" Serena pointed out.

"Why do you think Daisy was acting so weird about this?" Leaf smiled.

"Probably a break-up or something. With muscles that big he's bound to have a lot of fangirls!" Serena hypothesised.

"With muscles that big, he's bound to be an idiot! Both academically and romantically!" Leaf replied.

"Who ya talking about?" Hilda hurried over. Leaf turned her phone off and smiled at Hilda.

"No one in particular. Do you like my Blue Falcon?" she asked.

"Woah! That's so cool!" Hilda gasped.

"Too bad we've got to go to the next race location already and you won't have time to make your own vehicle," Leaf pointed out and they headed over to Rosalina so she could take them to the next location.

"Is everyone here?" Rosalina asked.

"Yep," Leaf replied. She was aware of the fact that Daisy hadn't made her way back yet but she knew that she probably wouldn't be back for a little while. Rosalina started her spaceship's engine and they flew off to the next location.