Beginner's Arc Part 8: Back Together

"Welcome back to another Rainbow Road. In this track, you will find a loop and corkscrew. Prepare the anti-gravity, you're gonna need it!" Daisy introduced the track.

"Lakitu, count us in!" Rosalina smiled. Lakitu counted them in and all 12 racers set off.

"There's no way I'm going to lose to you guys!" Hilda called.

"So do you mean you can defeat me? I doubt it!" Leaf laughed.

"Trust me, you guys are gonna lose to me!" Daisy smiled.

"Not before you guys lose to me!" May replied. The four of them laughed.

"Some things never change!" Gloria sighed.

"Whoo! Hilda, you can do it! Don't let them defeat you! I know you can do it! I believe in you!" Rosa cheered.

"Stop pretending you're not racing yourself. It's dumb," Leaf smiled.

"You don't seem annoyed," Hilda admitted.

"Hey! Of course I'm annoyed. Why wouldn't your number one fan annoy me? Not because she's YOUR number one fan. Just because she's too busy being a number one fan to race herself. Admit it, it's annoying!" Leaf replied.

"You were smiling," Hilda pointed out.

"Be careful on that corkscrew!" Rosalina called.

"Thanks!" Serena smiled. She made sure to drift while on the corkscrew. There weren't enough guardrails here and the turn was quite sharp. This meant it was VERY easy to fall off.

"You okay?" Gloria stopped to check up on Serena.

"Yep! I'm fine. That corkscrew isn't difficult if you drift. Why did you stop?" Serena asked.

"I was just wondering," Gloria shrugged. "You often end up quite far behind." Soon, they all crossed the finish line and Leaf had defeated Hilda again.

"Hey! How did you beat me again?!" Hilda scowled.

"Because I'm simply better!" Leaf smiled.

"Speaking of, I'm glad we crossed paths again! Too bad these Eevee are for Team Koopa Flare only!" Celosia cackled.

"Tepig, Flame Armour!" Hilda shouted.

"Do you ever get tired of that?" Leaf groaned. Hilda wasn't listening. She leaped up to Celosia and attacked. Everyone else helped out by calling out their Pokémon or, in the case of the Princesses, using Super Stars provided by Rosalina. The eight Eevee that Celosia was holding managed to free themselves and Rosalina gave them a machine made of stars to fly away in. The Eevee left in the machine and Hilda delivered the final blow on Celosia, causing her to fly far away.

"So, where to next?" Hilda smiled.

"That was very close. Also, you could have set those creatures on fire with your recklessness!" Rosalina commented.

"Look, I was being careful not to accidentally hurt them by mistake. And it worked. They left unscathed," Hilda pointed out.

"Let's just go before anything goes wrong. How many more Rainbow Roads are there?" Leaf asked.

"Three," Daisy replied.

"Then let's go!" Selene cheered.