Beginner's Arc Part 6: Something about Daisy

"Is everyone ready?" Rosalina asked as she sent up Lakitu to start the race.

"Where's Princess Daisy?" Peach gasped.

"Oh, she kinda panicked after I decided to recreate her ex's wheel-less machine and ended up falling off of Rainbow Road," Leaf admitted.

"You said everyone was in the ship!" Rosalina argued.

"Only so we could get going. I doubt anyone could survive a fall from that height!" Leaf shrugged.

"I'll go looking for her. You guys continue the race without me!" Peach called and she leaped off the side of Rainbow Road.

"Is it still possible to race with only ten racers?" Rosalina asked.

"Of course. We did it before with Daisy before you joined our group," Gloria smiled. They lined up and Lakitu counted them down.

"You're not going to win that easily this time!" Leaf muttered. She narrowly dodged Hilda's red shell and used a gold mushroom to increase her lead even further.

"WHAT!" Hilda called out. Leaf just laughed.

"Rosa, you doing alright back there?" Rosalina called back to Rosa, realising she looked worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" Rosa replied.

"Good. You looked worried. I had to check up on you!" Rosalina smiled. Rosa ran into an item box and received a Bullet Bill. She used it and managed to climb all the way to fourth place with it. Hilda smiled when she realised this. Soon, they all passed the finish line. Leaf, then Hilda, then Selene, Rosa, May, Gloria, Dawn, Lyra Rosalina and Serena (in that order).

"How does it feel to come second?" Leaf laughed.

"Flame Armour!" Hilda called out and attacked Leaf.

"Please don't fight!" Peach sighed.

"Peach! You're back!" Dawn smiled.

"So, Daisy, you didn't tell me you had an ex!" Rosalina called out.

"I don't. I've never been in a relationship!" Daisy replied.

"But you were acting so weird when we were talking about..." Leaf started.

"I was acting weird because... wait, I'm sorry, but I can't tell you why I was acting weird. It's confidential information!" Daisy interrupted. Leaf scowled and flew off in her vehicle,

"Guess you won't be wanting to defeat me at the next race!" Hilda smiled.

*

"Do you guys know where Princess Daisy lives?" Leaf asked two boys.

"Oh! She's-a from Sarasaland. We can take you there but we won't all be able to fit on your kart!" the red one admitted.

"Wait, do you participate in 12-person races for bikes, karts and ATVs too?" the green one asked.

"Yeah. Oh, and if we're going to do this I guess we should get each other's names. I'm Leaf," Leaf sighed.

"It's-a me! Mario!" the red one announced.

"I'm Luigi," the green one replied.

"Okay then Mario and Luigi, let's do this!" Leaf cheered.