Attending Beacon Academy? No Way!

After that little fiasco, Ruby, Yang and her friends surrounded me, asking me a bunch of questions related to my wellbeing and about Shadow.

I answered a majority of them, then Yang made me call Dad so he knew where I was.

But something told me that Dad won't be too happy with the fact I left home without saying anything. And when I called Dad, man, was I right about him not being happy.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry, Dad. I just really wanted to see them... Yes, I'm with them now... Hey, I'm not a baby! I don't need to be watched over! Oh... Hehe... Yeah, there was that one time. Okay, okay... Yes, I'll be good. Yeah, I love you, too. Bye, Dad." I hung up the phone with a sigh.

"Yikes. Was he that mad?" Yang asked. "Oh, yeah," I answered. "I didn't think he'd take it that bad."

"Duh. Of course he would. You know how much he loves his family." Yang stated. "Yeah, but he doesn't have to treat me like a baby!" I defended.

I frowned while puffing out my cheeks, my arms crossed over my chest.

"Says the girl who just pouted like a baby?" Blake stated. "Hmph." I murmured. "Aw, cheer up, baby sister! Ruby and I will look after you!" Yang said.

She bearhugged me while picking me up off the ground. "Funny. That's exactly what Dad said." I said in a strained voice.

"We should head back to Beacon." Blake suggested. "I can't go back there," She and the rest of Team RWBY looked at me.

"If I go back to the school with Shadow, the students will panic and Shadow will be locked up again. And Shadow doesn't respond well to negativity." I explained.

"We noticed." Weiss said, sarcastically. Ruby's scroll rang and she answered it. "Hello? Oh! Yeah, sure thing, Professor!" Ruby handed me her scroll.

"Professor Ozpin wants to speak with you." She informed. "Ooh... That's probably not a good sign." Yang mentioned. "Thanks, Yang." I said, sarcastically.

I took Ruby's scroll so I could talk to the professor. "Hello?" I answered. "Hello, Lily. I'd like to speak with you in my office." Ozpin said.

"Why? I thought we talked already?" I replied. "There's still more we need to discuss. You can even have your Beowolf accompany you if you'd like." He offered.

"Um... Okay. Sure." I said. "Perfect. I'll have Glynda come get you." Ozpin said. "May I speak with your sister?"

"Sure." I said, and handed Ruby back her scroll. After talking with him, she hung up and informed that her and her team had to go to the amphitheater.

When Glynda arrived in an airship, we boarded and headed back to Beacon. After we landed, Ruby and her team went to the amphitheater, and I followed Glynda to Ozpin's office.

He sat there patiently in his desk with his fingers locked together. "Hi, Professor." I greeted. "Ms. Rose, thank you for agreeing to see me." Ozpin greeted.

"No problem. So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked. "I was hoping we could finish our conversation from earlier." He said.

"You mean how you wanted to kill Shadow because he's a "danger" to your students?"

"Not quite. I'm more interested in why you refuse to become a Huntress and fight monsters."

"Hmm? I thought we covered this. I just want to be normal."

That made Ozpin chuckle. "Normal girls don't keep Grimm for pets." He said. "This girl does," I grinned while pointing to myself.

"Plus, I'm not like Ruby or Yang. I don't have it in me to become a Huntress. I don't know how to wield a weapon, and I haven't even unlocked my semblance. So, I'm just gonna be me. Lily Rose."

"Do you at least know hand-to-hand combat?" Ozpin asked.

"Of course. Dad taught me a few things. He said that someday I need to be ready, so I spent most of my summer training with my dad and my Uncle Qrow." I explained.

"But they don't know about Shadow, do they?" Ozpin assumed.

"Nope," I answered. "And they can't know! If my dad and uncle found out I was keeping a Beowolf for a pet, they would kill him! And me!"

"Then perhaps I can be of assistance." Ozpin said as he leaned forward with interest.

"What do you mean?"

"You come to my school, you have complete access to your Beowolf, and your father won't hear a word of your pet."

"Hmm... You won't tell Dad about Shadow?"

"Correct. The only thing he'll be aware of is your location and that you're being taken care of."

Ozpin's POV

Lily put a hand on her chin, closed her eyes, and hummed as she swayed from side to side, thinking about my offer.

The reason why I wanted Lily to stay at Beacon is because I want to observe her new power. The fact she's able to bond with a Beowolf is incredible.

It makes me wonder if she can bond with other Grimm, too. It's possible she's capable of something much more rare than I could imagine.

"Okay, so let me understand this. I go to your school, keep Shadow, and you won't tell my dad. And you also won't keep Shadow in cage. He will be with me at all times?" Lily asked to clarify.

"That's the deal I'm offering." I proposed. "Hmm... All right then! You've got yourself a deal, Professor!" Lily said, and I shook her hand as our agreement was settled.

"But there's one other thing." Glynda mentioned. "There's more?" Lily asked, somewhat whining.

"During your stay here at Beacon, you'll be partnered with Ian Hyde." She informed.

"Who's that?"

The elevator dinged, indicating his arrival. "Ah. Here he is now." I said.