Uncle Qrow Visits

Lily's POV

"There you are, Shrimp. What took you so long?" Ian said. "I decided to take Shadow for a walk after he was done eating." I explained.

"Is that right, huh?" Yang said, in which I nodded my head. "The team matches ended for the day. So, what do you wanna do?" Ruby asked.

Before I could answer, an Atlas aircraft flew above us and Weiss jogged off and Ruby followed her. "Wait for me!" I called while chasing after them.

"Hey! We have to go see Ozpin!" Ian called after me. "I'll meet you there!" I called back, and jogged behind Ruby. 

"Weiss, what is the big deal? Who is it? Who is she?" Ruby called. "Winter." Weiss answered. "Who?" I asked.

"Wait... Your sister?" Ruby asked. "Weiss has a sister?" I repeated, tilting my head in confusion. "Winter!" Weiss called with her hands cupped around her mouth.

The woman known as Winter turned to face us as we ran over to her.

"Winter! I'm so happy to see you! Oh, your presence honors us." Weiss said, changing her excited tone to a more humble tone.

"Beacon, it's been a long time. The air feels... different." Winter said while looking around. "I mean, it is fall, so it's probably colder." Ruby said until Weiss hit her.

"So, what are you doing here?" Weiss asked. "Classified." Winter answered. I waved my hand in front of Ruby's face as she was still stunned from Weiss's punch.

"Oh, right. Well, how long are you staying?" Weiss asked as Ruby rubbed her head. "Classified." Winter repeated. "Of course." Weiss said.

There was an awkward silence. "Well, this is nice... I think." Ruby mentioned. "You're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot, but so much of Beacon is different from Atlas! Vale, too. The government and school are completely separate! Can you believe it? I-" Weiss began to rant.

"I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom handles its bureaucracy. That is not why I came." Winter interrupted. "Right! I'm sorry." Weiss apologized.

"Nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle. But it appears I have no choice in the matter." Winter added.

"What are you talking about? They won." I stated. "Only a novice would refer to that as a victory. I counted at least three strikes missed." Winter said.

"So, what? They still won. You should be happy for your sister." I argued. "Mmh!"

Weiss quickly covered my mouth as she stood behind me. "What she means is, she understands completely." She mentioned.

"No, I didn't!" I yelled through her hand, but my sentence was muffled. "Leave us." Winter commanded the soldiers behind her.

The soldiers backed up, and Weiss removed her hand from my mouth. Winter sighed, and asked Weiss, "How have you been?"

"Oh, splendid! Thank you for asking," Weiss answered. "I'm actually in the very top ranking of our sparring class. The rest of my studies are going wonderfully, too. I'm-"

"Silence, you boob!" Winter said, whacking Weiss on the head. "I don't recall asking about your ranking. I asked how you've been. Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?"

"Well, there's Ruby." Weiss said. "Boob." She snorted while pushing the boob-like mark into Weiss's head.

"I see. So, this is the leader you wrote of. How appropriately... underwhelming." Winter said. "Uh, thank you." Ruby said. "I don't think that was a compliment." I whispered to her.

It sounded more like an insult to me. "Greetings, Ruby Rose. I wish to thank you for taking an interest in my sister." Winter thanked.

"Oh, yes, of course! The honor is in my... court." Ruby said. She tripped slightly, but she regained her balance while giggling awkwardly.

"And you are?" Winter asked, looking at me. "Oh, my name's Lily. Ruby's twin sister." I introduced. "And you are part of Team RWBY, I take it?" She questioned.

"No, nothing like that. Just here to see the festival like everyone else." I explained.

"I see. I have business with the general and your headmaster. But seeing as I'm early, why don't you take me to your quarters?" Winter suggested to Weiss. "Really?" Weiss asked, excitedly.

"Yes, I wish to inspect them and make sure they're up to my personal standards." Winter said. She walked with Weiss as the Atlesian soldiers followed them.

"Of course. Just so you're aware, the bunk beds only look unstable." Weiss mentioned. "Bunk... beds?" Winter repeated.

"I'll catch up- Wait, uh... I mean, I will... reconvene with you both at a later... juncture!" Ruby said. "Juncture?" I repeated. "At a juncture, yeah." She said. I giggled and followed her.

Not five minutes later, there was a battle in the courtyard with Winter and some other Huntsmen. "What's going on?!" Ruby asked as we ran up to Weiss.

"Some crazy guy just started attacking my sister!" Weiss said.

"Oh no! Who would do such a-"

"Uncle Qrow!" I cheered, excitedly. "Uncle Qrow?!" Ruby said, just as excited as I was. "What?!" Weiss shouted. "Kick her butt, Uncle Qrow!" Ruby and I yelled at the same time.

"Uh, teach him respect, Winter!" Weiss called. I watched excitedly as Uncle Qrow fought Winter. Let me just say this: IT WAS AN AMAZING BATTLE!!!

When Winter went to stab Uncle Qrow, a voice stopped her yelling, "Schnee!"

She turned around, putting her weapon away. "General Ironwood, sir!" Winter replied. "What in the world do you think you're doing?" He demanded as he walked up to her with Penny behind him; I met Penny a while back when I was roaming the halls of Beacon.

"He started the altercation, sir!" Winter explained. "That's actually not true. She attacked first." Uncle Qrow stated with his hands behind his head.

"Is that right?" Ironwood demanded. Winter didn't respond as she hung her head in shame. As Ironwood and Uncle Qrow were talking, Ozpin and Glynda broke up the crowd.

"Uncle Qrow!" Ruby and I cheered at the same time. I latched myself onto his back while Ruby hugged his arm. "Hi."

"Ah, it's so good to see you! Did you miss us?! Did you miss us?!" Ruby asked, excitedly. "Nope." Uncle Qrow said, jokingly.

He ruffled Ruby's head as I hugged him tighter. "Qrow," Ruby accidentally loosened her grip on his arm and fell to the ground. "A word, please." Ozpin requested as Glynda repaired the courtyard.

I jumped off Uncle Qrow's back while Ruby stood up. "I think I'm in trouble." He murmured. "You did kinda tear up our courtyard." Ruby stated. "Yeah, I did," Uncle Qrow ruffled our heads.

"Catch you later, kids." He said, leaving with Ozpin and Glynda. "And suddenly your recklessness makes sense." Weiss mentioned.

"You're just mad 'cause he whooped butt." Ruby and I said in sync. "That was a draw at best." Weiss argued.