Some Things Shouldn't Be Mentioned

"Yoo-hoo! Hey! Grimm Creatures, are you out here? Where are you?" I called loudly with my hands cupped around my mouth. 

It was the next day, and Ian and I were testing this theory of his. But the only problem was that there weren't any Grimm around. 

"Come on! I know you guys are out here somewhere! Show yourselves!"

"Lily, give it a rest, will ya? Maybe they're sleeping or something." Ian said. "At a time like this? I thought they'd be roaming about right now?" I guessed. 

Ian rolled his eyes and Shadow began to growl. "Does that mean one of them is nearby?" Ian assumed. "Perfect! It's showtime!" I said, excitedly. 

I ran forward with Shadow following behind me. "Hey, wait a minute! Shrimp, get back here!" Ian called. 

I didn't listen and kept running. But I was forced to come to a stop when Shadow got in front of me, his body blocking me from moving forward. 

Before I could ask, a Deathstalker emerged from the trees and let out a screech. "Alright! You'll be my first test run!" I said to it. 

"Shrimp! Hey, be careful!" Ian warned. I petted Shadow to assure him, then cautiously approached the Deathstalker. 

"Easy there, buddy. I'm not gonna hurt you," I said. It hissed at me as I continued to approach it. "Easy... Easy..."

I took a deep breath and hesitantly put my hand over its armor. Its hissing died down just a little bit. "Well, holy crap. Look at you." Ian said, impressed. 

"This is too cool." I grinned, then climbed onto the Deathstalker. "Lily, what in the world are you doing?" Ian asked. 

"I just wanna test something."

"What? You wanna see if you can ride the damn thing?"

"Something like that."

"Oh, perfect. You know, I think you're enjoying this too much, Shrimp." 

"I am. Whee!"

"Shrimp, what in the world are you doing?! Get down! Have you completely lost it?!"

I laughed happily as I swung from the Grimm's stinger. "Sheesh, just how old are you?" Ian said while rolling his eyes. 

"I'm 15 years old." I said, proudly. "Yeah? Well, you're acting like a 9-year-old." He stated. I stuck my tongue out at him and continued to swing from the Deathstalker's stinger. 

At the same time, Ian took out his scroll and held it sideways. "Are you recording me?" I asked him. "Yeah." He answered. "Why?" I wondered. 

"So I can show it to Ozpin, duh. We need to understand what this is," Ian put his scroll away as I continued to swing from the stinger. 

I swung my legs up so they wrapped around the tail, and hung upside down, grinning. "While part of me thinks this has something to do with your semblance, another part of hopes it isn't." He said. 

"My what?" I repeated. "Your Semblance. You do know what that is, right?" Ian asked. I shrugged my shoulders in response. 

"You got to be kidding me," Ian said while dragging a hand down his face. "Are you telling me you have no idea what a Semblance is?" 

"Uh, kind of? I mean, I know I've heard it from my dad and sisters before. It's like having your very own superpower, right?" I guessed. 

"Something like that, sure. Close enough. You know about your sisters' semblance, right? You know what they can do?"

"Of course I do. Ruby is super fast, and Yang is incredibly strong." 

Ian facepalmed. "Gonna need a bit more info than that." He said. Ian glanced at Shadow since he was sniffing his shoulder. 

"Hmm... Oh! When Ruby uses her speed, she can make rose petals appear! And when Yang gets hit, she gets stronger and stronger! Her hair also glows and her eyes turn red!" I explained with a grin. 

"And your parents? What's their semblance? I mean, I already know you live with your dad in Patch. So, what can you tell me about your mother? What's her Semblance like?"

My smile disappeared and I swung myself off the Deathstalker. "Hmm? What's the matter?" Ian asked. 

"I... don't know Mom's semblance."

"Oh, come on. How can you not know your own parent's semblance? You're her daughter."

"I just don't, okay?"

"You've got to be kidding me. Babysitting a kid who doesn't know anything about their family."

My hands squeezed into tight fists until I couldn't hold in my anger anymore. 

"I don't know my Mom's semblance because she's dead, you jerk! I never knew it! There! Are you happy?!" I snapped. 

Ian looked at me in shock while I glared at him. Tears quickly began to fill the brim of my eyes, so I used the sleeves of my hoodie to wipe them away.

But no matter how many times I wiped my eyes, fresh tears would appear.

"My mom died when I was really small. I don't know how it happened. She just left home one day and never came back. I still miss her. Every day. There's not one day I don't think about her." I sniffled. 

The Deathstalker turned to look at me while making clicking sounds, then walked off. "I'm sorry. I didn't know..." Ian apologized after a brief moment of silence. 

I took my hands away from my face when I felt Shadow gently nudge the side of my head with his nose. I looked at him and he licked my cheek, as if he was trying to comfort me. 

"Lily, listen. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you."

I sniffled again while wiping my face. "I need to be alone for a while." I said. 

"Lily-!"

As Ian tried to reach out to me, Shadow snarled at him to prevent him from approaching me. Startled, Ian took a step back. 

"Shadow, no!" I said, fearing he would attack Ian. "Let's just go, okay? Ian, we'll be back at the dorms in a little while. I'll be fine... Really." 

I walked off into the woods as Shadow followed me. 

Ian's POV

"Ah, crap." I mumbled. I should really learn to keep my mouth shut. Why did I have to pry into her family matters? Damn me. 

I took out my scroll when it rang in my pocket, and saw that it was Glynda calling. "Yeah?" I answered. "How's your "theory" going? No problems, I take it?" She assumed. 

"Well, one little problem."

"What's happened?"

"I may have upset the kid, and she took a walk to cool down."

"By herself?!"

"Yeah."

"What did you say that upset her, Mr. Hyde?" Ozpin asked. "I may have mentioned a touchy subject regarding her dead mother." I explained. 

"Mr. Hyde..." Glynda sighed with disappointment. "Hey, how was I supposed to know?! I already apologized to the shrimp, but she was really ticked off."

"I suggest you go after her. While Miss Rose does have her Beowolf to protect her, there may be other dangerous Grimm she will not be able to control." Ozpin advised. 

"Yes, sir," I complied, then hung up. I sighed, irritated. "Me and my fat mouth."