1

Uncertainty weighs heavily on Valentina's mind during the past when she was pregnant with Andrew her relationship with Michael had improved but sitting in the car heading  back home. The words of him telling her after she had his baby she could leave him ran through her mind. 

She was shot, her shoulder was bandaged and she was cut to give life to their son who was asleep in the backseat nestled in Adele arms, Bria sat in her car seat watching  through the window.

They have given her so much medication that she couldn't breastfeed her baby, she had to heal and the drugs made her sleepy. 

Michael was by her side through it all, he sat there diligently looking after his son while in the hospital. Valentina could feel his need to hold her, or wrap his strong arms around her to comfort, and she wished he would. 

The car pulled up to their home.

"Stay until I get the kids inside, and I'll help you out.," Michael said, parking in the garage without looking at her, she nodded, biting her lips and looking back at her kids. He was already out when she turned around again, opening the car door for Adele and Bria to get out, and Valentina watched as they left to go inside.

Her chest began to feel tight as she started thinking about what happened a few days ago, she almost died, she almost lost her baby to that psycho Kiara.

Michael returned, opening the door for her and picking her up in his arms.

"No, I can walk," she said, clutching his broad shoulders tightly and closing her eyes. She tried to push herself forward so that she could touch the ground and walked inside on her own, but Michael's arms only clung onto her more tightly. 

"Let me carry you, baby." He said and she felt safe then. The tightness in her chest relaxed as he carried her to her room and placed her on the bed. 

"How are you feeling? He asked
he looked tired, and Valentina knew he couldn't sleep since the incident. If it wasn't for all the pain drugs she probably wouldn't either, but Michael was a protector, a man who wanted to be in control of everything. 

He lost control  and almost losing the thing that matter most to him, his son and his woman.

"I'm fine," she smiled. Being in her bed felt good. 

"How are you feeling?" She asked him  and he turned away walking out the door after a few minutes he returned bring in her stuff from the hospital. 

Valentina was asleep then and he sat down on the side of the bed looking at her. Her curly hair up in a bun, as stray curls framed her face. Her cheeks flushed and she breathed, and he looked at her shoulder, and his fist clenched. 

He couldn't help but think what if the bullet did not hit her shoulder but her chest, and killed her. The thought of losing her again would send him mad. 

He remembered the days after she faked her death, he wasn't himself if he could have lay in that casket with her burnt remains he would have. There was nothing in him, and to have her again, to make love to her, and watch her carry his child only to almost have it taken away was something he will never experience again. 

He kissed her forehead and left the room. 

It was still dark when Valentina awoke. The curtains were parted letting the glow of the night sky's. She looked at the clock next to her night stand. It was around five, getting up from bed her shoulder sting a little telling her she needed to take her pain medication in a while. She had spent two weeks in the hospital, enough time for her home to be back to what it was before Kiara attacked.