3

Andrew cooed in Michael's arms as he placed the bottle of formula in his pink rosebud mouth. It was really strange how he adjusted to being the father of a newborn when I met Bria. She was already five.

Bria was standing next to Michael by the sofa, her body tilted over the armrest, watching her baby brother feed. Every so often, she would gently touch the honey tuft of hair on his little head and place a kiss on his forehead as he gulped his formula.

"I think he is the most beautiful baby in the whole wide world,"

"And you are the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world, Mio Amore." Bria smiled and batted her long brown eyelashes. She was so incredibly perfect in every way. She had gotten much healthier in the past couple of weeks, her skin had so much color to it, and her breathing was more even and comfortable. Walking away from the armrest of the sofa, she crawled onto it and sat next to her father. Leaning close to him so she can watch her brother feed and hold his little feet.

"I want to help feed Andy," she told her father, and he guided her hands onto his bottle and let her hold his bottle. Her eyes were beaming as he ran his hand through her wavy brown hair and kept an eye so that she didn't raise the bottle too high as she fed her brother. It was important to him to have Bria help with taking care of her brother because a new baby requires so much attention, and he didn't want her to feel left out.

She was his best girl

"Andy is a very greedy baby," she said, causing Michael to let out a laugh, and she looked up at him and giggled. "He really is," he confirmed. Michael lifted his son to his shoulders and patted his back while waiting for him to burp after he finished his formula.. When he finally heard him burp, he placed him back in his arms and looked into his eyes. He saw his honey brown eyes, like his mother's, and felt a mix of emotions. His creation amazed him but also sad to not have met Bria earlier to experience the same.

************************************************************************************

Valentina hated that she felt like an invalid. Hated that every time she moved, the pain was sharp and shooting in her shoulder and lower stomach. She asked the doctor for a lower dose of her pain medication. The high dose made her so sleepy, unresponsive, and unfocused. She couldn't even breastfeed Andrew, another thing Kiara was robbing her of. Beyond the constant nightmare where she was reminded of her grizzly, distorted face. When Valentina was awake, she was still hunted by her.

Michael's eyes were still looking at his son when Valentina walked into the living room, her pace still slow because of her C- C-section scar and her reluctance to up the dosage of her pain medicine. There was something so beautiful about seeing a man with a baby and such a massive man at that. Andrew looked so tiny in his father's arms. His skin was so pale against the contrast of his father's many tattoos. Valentina recalled how Michael's hands shook as he held his son for the first time, as it scared him he might break him since he had never held a baby before..

Their eyes met when he finally heard her approaching footsteps, and a wave of concern spread across his face. She barely slept last night, and it was so early she should be resting.

"Don't look at me like that. The doctor said I should be moving," she told him. Bria glanced up when she heard her mother's voice.

"He also said that you should get adequate rest," he replied strictly he was going to say more, but Bria yelled out in excitement, leaping out of her chair to run to Valentina. She hissed at the impact of the small child because her scar was still very sore.

"Mommy, mommy, mommy, you're up. I missed you so very much. Valentina stopped planting kisses on her daughter's face. She hugged her tightly and then got up because of the unbearable pressure she was feeling in her lower stomach. She walked to the sofa, Bria trailing behind her, and sat down next to Michael. Who lifted the now-sleeping Andrew and placed him in her arms. Michael watched as she contoured her body to adjust to her son with some concern for his very fragile wife, but she was stubborn and avoided getting scolded by her for treating her like a child. He let her.