4

"You came to see your handy work?" Valentina walked closer to Kiara who had a crooked smile on her face. Her lips were so misshapen, and Valentina felt she was in a trace.

"You can leave us now, Marion," Kiara said to the nurse behind them, and there was some shuffling, and then the door closed. Once the nurse left Kiara turned back her attention to Valentina who still seemed speechless staring at her face.

"Now that you've seen yours let me see mine." She said looking at Valentina's shoulder the skin around her eyes crinkled and she cringed and her anger suddenly came back to her.

"I came to face you, to let you know that I'm not afraid of you, and if you ever lose your mind again and come anywhere near me or my babies. I would kill you." Her voice trembled slightly but her face did not show it.

Kiara started laughing in the bed causing Valentina to furrow her brow.

"You're so wrapped up in your perfect bubble that you have no idea that he keeps secret from you." Valentina scoffed at her.

"Please don't be pathetic," Valentina said narrowing her eyes at her. She laughed again shifted slightly and looked Valentina straight in her eyes.

"I wasn't in any psychological hospital. I was tucked up nice and tight pregnant with his baby in a studio apartment in Manhattan," she said finally

"Your fucking insane, and a fucking liar." Valentina laughed shaking her head in disbelief. Is this girl for real? Why wouldn't she get that Michael was just using her, Valentina thought just then how sad it all was. Poor girl her mind is making up things so that it can cope with her unfortunate circumstance.

"Why would I lie, I have nothing else to lose, you dumb bitch. I lost the baby in my third trimester. It was a little girl we were going to name it Brianna after her big sis." Valentina wanted to throw up then right on her sheets on her stupid lying face."

"When the baby died that's when I knew I lost him for good to you. I had nothing to hold him to me, and I lost it. Then I found out you were pregnant with my baby from Kuda and I lost it. I took everything from me."

"Shut up, you lying I do not believe you."

"You don't believe me then what is this?" Kiara raised her jersey and there it was a scar similar to her across her lower stomach. A c-section scar, Valentina felt dizzy at what she saw her heart racing, she thought she was going to throw up. She darted from the room to the hospital toilet covering her mouth with her trembling hands. How could he? All these months he was lying to her saying that Kiara tried to take her own life and was in a mental hospital.

She pushed the door open, to the female restroom two ladies who were using the sink to wash their hands looked up at her with quizzical faces. She rushed to one of the nearest sinks and the content of her stomach was forced out. She couldn't breathe, rage poured out of her like lava. The two ladies scurried out leaving her as she dry heaved. She felt like her world was crumbling before. Like the blinds that block the real truth was finally open. Micheal had never changed he still had control over her and would lie to keep her where he wanted.

She was pregnant! It repeated in her mind as she crumpled to the floor, and he kept it from her. She pulled her hand to her hair and pulled at a few loose strands. She was going crazy, he was killing her she felt tearing her apart. Why was loving him always like this, why does he always keep secrets from her?

"Ma'am are you okay?" a nurse came in and asked after one of the ladies in the restroom went and got help. Valentina's eyes shot up everything seemed blurry because of all the tears. She nodded getting up slowly and walking out she still heard the young nurse's footsteps behind her as she returned to her car and drove away from the hospital.

She couldn't go home, not right now. She needed to try and clear her head before she could even think about facing Michael. Driving through the highway she just felt tingles along her skin that made her feel so very anxious. She needed a drink she thought and pulled into one of the bars. It was almost dark because the sun was about to set. She had told Michael she was going on a quick errand and would be back soon to get out of the house to visit Kiara at the hospital. In her search online the website mentioned that visiting hours were around ten in the morning and five in the afternoon she couldn't visit Kiara in the morning because she had to help Bria with school, and now that the sun was setting she knew Michael would be worried if she wasn't home. Fuck him she thought, she couldn't face him right now. She could feel her skin burning as if her rage was lava.

She walked up to the bartender and asked for a rum and coke pulling a stool so that she could sit. Valentina went into her purse and searched for her phone taking it off once she found it. She would be sure Michael would call her as soon as it reached six.

The bartender put the dark liquor in front of her, and she smiled wearily before bringing it to her lips the subtle bitterness she hoped would make her forget what she learned from Kiara. Why must Michael treat her like a fool? She was pregnant with his baby, chilling nicely in an apartment, not in some mental hospital. Such a liar, such a dog.

Valentina slumped her head down, trying to conceal the tears that were rolling down her cheeks. She felt a hand on her shoulders making her jump a little.

"Jarius, what are you doing here?" she asked looking back at her glass and wondering if she was imagining him there.

"I was just finishing for the night and I saw your car in the parking lot, are you okay?" he told her as he examined her face she turned away again, and Jarius pulled a stool beside her telling the bartender he would have what she was having.

She wanted to tell him what happened, what she found out but thought it better to keep it to herself, but they sat there and talked for hours. He talked about his bakery and she talked about Bria and Andrew thanking God he did not ask if she visited Kiara because she knew she would burst into tears. They talked for hours until Jarius looked at the time informing Valentina that it was almost midnight.

"I think we should leave," Jarius informed Valentina as he looked around to the almost empty bar everyone else was leaving, and the bartender was watching them pretty harshly. Valentina got up and bobbed slightly as her head felt dizzy. Jarius took notice grabbing her arms to steady her.

¨It looked like I would have to drive you home, and you can pick up your car tomorrow," she nodded some and they walked out with Jarius still guiding her.

Michael was on the porch waiting for her when Jarius pulled into their driveway. His face was stoic and almost seething as he walked to the car. Jarius clicked on the lock so that Michael could open the door to help Valentina out of the car. Once the door was completely opened Michael bent down tugging at the seatbelt not even acknowledging Jarius.

¨Where were you? Why were you with him?¨ his voice grated as he helped her out of the car. She pushed away his hand avoiding any contact with him. He could kill with the amount of anger that he was holding back. His wife smelt of alcohol and she came home with another man. It was taking a lot from him not to drag Jarius from the car and crave his face.