8

Valentina was alright she said repeatedly to herself sitting in a small cafe in New Jersey.  Lorenzo was meeting her in about five minutes, and her heart was beating so strong in her chest. She lied to Michael telling him she needed some time to herself so she could focus on meeting his family as Farrah. She couldn't dare to mention Lorenzo to him because he knew he would be killed immediately with that information he discovered.

Michael was a very prideful man the thought of someone blackmailing him about his wife faking her death would only make him want that person's brains blown out of their head.

She knew his voice anywhere and when he opened the door and yelled at the man who accidentally hit him on his way out she didn't even look up to react because she was trying to keep a calm demeanor.

"Farrah," Lorenzo said walking to her table she looked up at him and smiled. He pulled the chair from across her and whispered

"Or should I say, Valentina," with a smile, her cheeks turned red as she pushed the black shade she was wearing further up. Lorenzo looked around and scowled before turning back to face Valentina.

"All the money your man has now and you choose to talk to me here in this ghetto place?" He pouted and she rolled her eyes.

"I need to lay low Ren you know the tabloids think my family is entertainment." She replied to him and he nodded with a really wide smile.

"Girl, it's like keeping up with the Karazon, if it wasn't for them I would not have known though, so I say they are doing good work." He looked around again

"Where the fuck is the blasted waiter?" He said loudly searching the restaurant for anyone in uniform.

"Lorenzo, please!"  Val hissed trying not to get the attention of the other patrons in the Cafe. She bit her lips as Lorenzo turned and raised his brows at her.

"What,"

"Don't yell at the waiters, and did you already forget I'm a hot topic?"

"Didn't you not pick this location because no one knows you here?" He asked then threw his hands in the air annoyed.

"Waiter!" He said softly and then turned to Valentina and shrugged his shoulders.

"Your way not working love." He said as he rolled his eyes. After about five minutes a waiter came to their table.

"Took you long enough," Lorenzo said to him as he handed him the menu.

"I'll have your most expensive dish, wine, and dessert." Valentina smiled

______________________________________

They had lunch and Valentina reluctantly filled Lorenzo about why she faked her death. He wanted something from her. The easy thing would have been money, but no he wanted employment to work for her at the mansion.

What would Michael expect? Lorenzo was right in a way she could have paid him with the money she had saved, but how would she explain it to her mother? That her friend from California is blackmailing her?

"I'll talk to Michael about your employment," Valentina told Lorenzo and he raised his brows at her.

"I know you can convince him, Valentina after all you are alive after faking your death." He smirked at her.

"Very well, I will be staying in the Hilton hotel, I'll expect you to foot the bill until I find an apartment." He continued and Valentina nodded.

" and my job will foot the cost of my apartment. I expect a six-figure salary."

"I will see Lorenzo!" Valentina said biting her lips she will see if she gets this sorted.

_________________________________________

"Maybe you can tell Antonio that I am sick, and I cannot attend the dinner." Valentina stooped on the ground her head on Michael's lap as he caressed her hair. He just returned from business with his uncle it was after one in the morning and he was exhausted but was pleasantly surprised Valentina had stayed up until he came home.
To think he had gone five years without this. It was pure ecstasy to have the person you love more than anything waiting for you.

"You think he would believe that?" Michael replied and she raised her head to face him.

Valentina shook her head.

"No matter what I do, Michael they would know it me." He pulled her to him so that now she was sitting on his lap.

"I would think so, I agree." Michael nodded. He was the head of this family and the head of the five families. If he decided to keep his wife the one that betrayed him. Then his family will have to accept that.

Accept that only love can blind a powerful man like him, and make him forgive something so unforgivable.

" I know," he repeated and he kissed her lips softly.

"I'm sorry Michael, I am." She said her voice trembling as a tear rolled down her cheeks.

"It's alright."

"I have caused you so much embarrassment already. What will Antonio think? Or the rest of the family? I know him." Valentina's chest felt as if it was about to explode, and then she didn't even mention it to him about Lorenzo.

The family dinner was already enough she would burden him about that afterward.

------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, loves

Short chapter update.

The next chapter will be about the family dinner. Like and comment

Thank you for your patience 🙏 ☺️

Love Ranni.