9. Trip To A Fairytale

Days had go by, Alex and Athena hadn't seen each other since their night out. They both missed each other so hard. But neither of them dared to contact the other. Scared of what might happen and what not. Athena had met with Katie and Jamie a couple of times, both not with the rest. She let Lorena catch up on everything that had happened. She was always against Emile, but she knew it was hard for Athena to leave.

One day Athena was going to meet up with Jamie at a bar. They had almost spoken every day that week.

"Ey Athena, me and the lads are going to the beach for the weekend to work on songs and so forth, would d'ya like to come? Everybody wants ya there!" Jamie asked eagerly.

"Wouldn't I interrupt?" Athena asked

"You would never interrupt, I could never go a weekend without ya, nobody gets me like you do" Jamie said

"I mean, my life is boring, I literally have nothing to do, and I wouldn't miss a chance to stay with me friends" Athena thought

"Then it's a date indeed, we leaving at friday night, so I'll come and pick ya up around six. Don't pack too much love" Jamie explained

Athena couldn't wait no longer to go away with them, she really loved them all. They're the kind of people that you meet and they'll stay for a lifetime. Though Emile didn't really like that she would go but, he didn't want to say anything that made Athena doubt.

So as said Jamie came to pick her up. Katie unfortunately couldn't make it, so the car ride was just the two of them. Jamie and Athena weren't the best duo when it came to safety, they would always be laughing or drinking, so it was a wonder that they made it alive. They were the second to arrive at the place they were staying, Alex was first. Jamie went to park the car so Athena went inside first.

"Ey love, that was a long time ago" Alex smiled as he went in for a hug.

"Alex you do not know how much I have missed you" Athena hummed

"You tell me, I was about to kill myself when you weren't there. So how are things between you and yer boyfriend, Emile? Is he treating you alreyt?" Alex asked

"We're doing quite good" Athena said hoping it would last like this

Everyone started slowly arriving, there was one guy that she hadn't met yet, it was a good friend of Alex, Miles Kane. They split the four rooms. Nick and Lorena one, Jamie and Athena one and Alex and Miles. When Miles came in and gave everyone a big hug.

"Ey, who is this beautiful lady?" Miles smiled

"Hi, nice to meet ya, I'm Athena" she smiled back.

"I don't know why but I like ya already darlin" Miles smirked

Miles was a very likeable guy, people immediately like him. But Alex was quite the opposite, only be certain people like him. Alex was very happy that Athena liked Miles, every little aspect that he came to find out about her, made him like her even more.

Once they settled in their room, everyone was hungry. So they ordered take out. It was already end may by now. So the temperature was rising. It wasn't cold at all. You could hear the waves clatter against each other from metres away. Whilst eating everyone was catching up about things that happend, telling stories and hearing them from every perspective. They were really living life at its fullest, nothing could stop them, nothing could hold them back. Athena was always afraid that she never could find her inner happiness, finding happiness from within her was the one thing she truly wished to accomplish. And she was now still far from that, there had a severe thunderstorm formed inside herself.

After finishing the meal they all kept talking for  a while. Alex and Jamie played a couple tunes too. Alex was always staring at Athena while playing, staring right in her eyes while singing

Would a kiss be too much to ask?
When you fit me as sunday's frozen pitch
Fits the thermos flask

Athena needed some air and wanted to go to the beach. So she decided to ask Alex.

"Ey alex" she whispered. "Ya wanna come to the beach with me?"

"Yeah sure why not, I'm getting a bit bored anyway" Alex answered

"Hm guys were going to the beach for a while" Athena announced

So they stumbled on to the beach, both had already quite much to drink. The night sky was at its most beautiful form, millions of heavenly bodies reached out over the entirety of black space. The heap of sea swelled silently. Nothing was more enchanting than the beach at night time.

"You know, ya have a really interesting name" Alex noticed

"Me parents named me after the goddess" Athena declared

"Oh yes, goddess of what?" Alex asked curiously

"Of war and wisdom" she said

"They could not have been more right about the first one" Alex laughed as Athena punched his shoulder. Athena kept looking up at the sky and the enthralling landscape.

"And what did your parents name you after, Alexander" she smirked

"Me name is boring, it doesn't really have a meaning behind it, i think"

Both fell silent as they were taken away by the beauty of the night, they couldn't get any word out of their mouths anymore.

"I can't stop looking at the sky. Wow... just wow" Athena gasped. But Alex was looking right at the most fascinating person sitting next to him. He really couldn't help him self to stop starting. He didn't even care if she caught him doing it.

"Yeah, something's are so captivating that ye just can't stop looking at" he said while looking straight at her.

Thats when Alex finally knew, he was in love with the person next to him. He's breathe was fully taken away by her. He was deeply in love. A musician like him, someone who has such a good way with words couldn't describe the feeling. All the love songs that he would ever make were nothing in compared as how he felt for her. The things he would do for her. The type of love that you would only experience with one in your whole life. He wanted to say everything that was in his mind but couldn't, not a single sound could escape from his mouth. He would wait for eternity just to be with her, to be able to hold her in his hands for ever. To be able to find comfort in when his life was in a storm. To be able to see her face as the first thing in the morning. The rest of the things he wrote in his career would be almost all about her. She had found her way in to Alex's heart and never planned on leaving again. He was already fully hers. Now only that he could call her his.