14. Apocalypse

After a turbulent night without sleeping Athena got woken up by the shrill sound of the bell. There was no one else it could be, except Emile. She was hoping he'd never show up anymore so that she wouldn't have to confront him again. But there he was standing in front of the door, eager for a fight. Athena just laid in  her bed dreading it, hoping he'd just go away. But after five minutes he was still standing there banging on the door. With a headache she stumbled out of bed. She opened the door and just went to make coffee.

"Athena listen, I know I was a bit harsh yesterday and I'm sorry but have you given it more thought?" He asked

"I love you very much but we really can't be together anymore" Athena explained

"After so many years?" Emile begged "We can go on a break if you want? But let's just not break up ok? He suggested

"Emile I mean it we can't do it anymore. I still love you and I know you do too but were just not good for each other. I've tried everything and you keep on hurting me. I have given you so many chances and you always blew it." She said "Its hard for me to do it but we need to break up. You can get your stuff.

Emile didn't even try fighting back anymore. He just went in and got his stuff as fast as possible, and he was gone. A big chapter of her life was closed. Athena knew it was for the best that they weren't together anymore but is still hurt really bad. She began to cry, hopelessly crying. She was terrified that this might not be the best decision. Suddenly a phone call came in.

"Um hi Athena, I need to tell you something" a voice said. It was a friend of Emile, Isaac.

"Hello Isaac is something wrong?" She asked

"Im sorry, but Emile has been seeing an other girl again" he sighed

"Re- really? We just broke up" she stuttered "I don't know what to say"

"I'm really sorry Athena. He's my friend and all but he has no right to treat you like this. I hope you're okay?" Isaac asked

"I know, it's a big relieve but I'm still a bit sad. Thanks for the concern" she said "I'm gonna have to go, I need to do summat. Bye" and so she hung up

She was boiling in anger and sadness. She was going to give Emile one last piece of mind. She needed to do it in person. As Athena was driving to his place she was almost going to explode. When he opened the door he was surprised by the angry Athena standing there.

"Emile you fuckin lying, cheating bastard! How the fuck dare you fuckin cheat on me again!" She yelled

"Wowow calm down lets not exaggerate this!" Emile shouted back

"Not exaggerate this? How can you have the face to even talk back to me? You've fuckin cheated on me for three times! Three times! I can't believe I trusted you!" Athena shouted

"Your always so needy I can't always deal with it you know? It's very hard! Stop making such a big deal out of it! You already broke up with me, no need to yell" he spat

"Get the fuck out of my face okey? I fuckin hate you! Fuck you Emile" she spat and started walking back to her car. Once she shut the car door she immediately began to cry. Crying like there was no tomorrow, like there was no remedy for her pain. How can he still cheat on me? I'm too naive aren't I? How can he hurt me over and over?

When her vision was a bit clearer she tried to drive home. Holding back the tears for them to come out later. Trying to find her way back home. It was like the world had fallen down. Thinking over and over how naive she could be to let him hurt her and use her over and over. In some way Emile had yet found a way to let her blame herself. Nothing could fase her anymore.

As soon as she walked in her apartment the tears began to break free. They were streaming down in big batches. Crying like there was no tomorrow. She sank in her knees. Today was going to be no better than tomorrow. It sounded pathetic that she would have such of a heart break for someone like Emile but he was a huge part of her newly built up life, now gone and it looked like that new life was collapsing brick by brick.

The hours flew by, Athena could cry on for days but she had run out of tears. Suddenly there was a sound of three knocks filling thru her silent apartment only filled with tears. Athena didn't want to go to the door but the knocks kept coming so she strudded to the door trying to hold back the salty waterdrops. When she opened the door it was someone she least expected.

"Alex! Wh- what are ya doin here? I thought ya came back next week?" She asked

"I thought I'd surprise ya! Oi Athena you don't look good at all? Wait come with me" he said as he leaded Athena to the car. She was very confused but followed. They didn't speak the whole way there as Alex knew she wasn't ready.  Athena had no idea where they were going but she trusted him.

When they arrived they were at a park. Alex leaded her through it to a special place. The park was quite big it took a while to get there. It was already dark now, the moon and stars began to wake up, ready to take over the shift of watching the earth. The park was dimly lit, but it stopped as they went deeper and deeper, now only the moon in company. They arrived at a lake, they went around and they got to a log of a fallen tree watching over the water. Alex helped Athena up. They hadn't spoken the whole way but they were speaking with moves. Now sitting on the log watching the lonesome moon reflect in the water. After a while Athena decided she was ready.

"Emile and I broke up" she spoke

"Ow im sorry love, are ya okey?" Alex asked concerned

"No, he fuckin cheated on me again. For the third time. I can't believe I gave him an other chance, it's me fuckin fault, isn't it? He kept saying that I was too clingy and selfish and that I nobody won't ever put up with it" she sighed

"Ey Athena don't you dare say that! He is a bastard who doesn't even deserve ya! Yer way to good any guy would kill to be with ya. Its not yer fault, in any way. He's a fookin scumbag. I could see it in his eyes. Stop blaming herself" he reassured

"Was this the right decision Alex?" Athena asked

"Of course. He kept on hurting you, I couldn't bare to see it. Ya always had a sad glance in yer eyes. I wanted to say something but I was afraid that I would say it wrong"

"Thank you Alex. Yer the sweetest person I know. I'm so happy you've gotten in me life, otherwise it would be miserable" she chuckled "I love you Alex, i really do"

"I know. I do too" he said

Alex hugged her tight in to his arms as they stared away in to the night. He hold her as tight as he could. It was like a painting. The two leaning against each other on a log as they were accompanied by the moon and her reflection. There could be a apocalypse happening but they wouldn't notice as they were in their own world.