right with the world

Jimin flops back on Jungkook's bed, tossing his cellphone aside with finality. He stares up at the ceiling, at the sage green nothingness of the paint soaked in morning light. He can't keep the megawatt smile off of his lips. For the first time in months that feel like eternities, all the heavy worry is lifted off of Jimin's chest. When something is wrong with Taehyung, something is wrong with Jimin by default. So, now that there is officially nothing eating away at Taehyung's mental health, Jimin is over the moon.

"All is right with the world, Jungkook-ah." He calls to his boyfriend through the bathroom door. The shower had turned off a few minutes ago, and without the sound of water, he can hear Jungkook chuckle softly through the wood.

"What fixed the world while I was in the shower?" Jungkook calls back jokingly, and Jimin smiles like an idiot in love, which isn't too far off from the truth. Over the past few weeks with Jungkook, things have gotten rather serious. The man couldn't stand living in the apartment that was the site of his trauma, so he moved into a new one which was coincidentally much closer to Jimin's. Jimin, Hoseok and Namjoon helped pack Jungkook's things and load them into his new apartment, but as soon as they had left, Jungkook decided they would "break in" every available surface of the apartment, and Jimin certainly wasn't complaining.

It had been three days since then, and Jimin has only ventured out of Jungkook's apartment to grab his clothes and toothbrush from his own place and go to dance. With anyone else, Jimin might be worried for moving too fast—but Jungkook felt right. There was no second shoe that would drop and ruin them, they had already jumped all the necessary hurdles. Jimin had seen Jungkook at his worst, and Jungkook has such an unconditional love for the man who put him back together that nothing could change the way he feels.

"Kim Seokjin, apparently. Tae and Yura's bond is reconnected." Jimin explains. He had just gotten off the phone with Taehyung for the first time in a few days. He and Yura had decided to stay in Daegu for a while, so she could get to know his family and see the place he grew up.

"Really? That's wonderful." Jungkook exclaims. Jimin knows Jungkook has a special place foe Taehyung in his heart, and he holds Yura in an even closer place. Trauma bonds people together, so as much as Jimin feels like a weight is off his shoulders, Jungkook must be feeling the same way. The bathroom door swings open, steam spilling out into the room. Jungkook emerges with a white towel around his waist, his black hair wet and dripping, rivulets of water cascading down his broad shoulders. Skin slightly pink from the warmth of the shower mixed with the dark ink of his sleeve of tattoos. He offers Jimin a dazzling grin, and yet, has no idea how beautiful he truly is.

"Yep, all really is right with the world right now." Jimin confirms, and Jungkook raises one of his eyebrows. Just last week Jimin had tackled Jungkook and sat on his lap, refusing to move until the man let him do his eyebrows. Jungkook had protested at first, but after seeing Jimin's masterpieces, he decided that this would be a monthly occurrence. "You're a vision, Jungkook-ah."

Jungkook's confidence has grown exponentially since being with Jimin. The man was never ashamed of his physique, but the idea of baring it all to Jimin was daunting. But, ever since Jimin helped him work through it, Jungkook hasn't looked back—the man seduces Jimin every chance he gets, and Jimin equally loves and hates him for it. Jungkook's tattooed fingers tease the hem of the towel lower and lower on his hips, knowing full and well it drives Jimin crazy.

"How long until you have dance?" Jungkook asks, grinning at him knowingly, and a fire ignites in the pit of Jimin's stomach. The elder sighs wistfully, dragging his palm over his face.

"Not for another hour, but no sex. I've got ballet rehearsal today, and I don't wanna be sore." He informs his boyfriend, and Jungkook's grin only widens. He approaches the edge of the bed regardless, and drops the towel. Jimin's eyes darken considerably, but then he slaps his hands over his eyes. "Don't tempt me, Jeon Jungkook. I told you, no sex."