witness

Taehyung never thought himself to be a violent individual. In situations where violence has been an optional course of action in the past, Taehyung always opted for pacifism-- fighting dirty won't really solve anything, right? Taehyung applied this view to everything from schoolyard bullies to the freakishly large spiders that somehow snuck into his house.

But, now?

Taehyung has never wanted to resort to violence more in his life. 

Over the past few months, Taehyung has slightly changed his opinions on violence. On one hand, it can be unnecessarily hurtful, cruel and damaging, but on the other hand, it can be the difference between life and death. Self defense. He has seen first hand through the tip line, through Jungkook and Yura just how pivotal violence can be. While knocking the daylights out of Wonho, his shitty lawyer, and Kim Namjoon would't be considered self defense, nor would it solve any of their problems, it would make Taehyung feel a whole lot better.

Which is why when he hears a knock at the door, answers it and comes face to face with Kim Namjoon, he winds up to swing. 

Jungkook grabs his arm and pulls it back as Min Yoongi, who apparently is accompanying Namjoon, steps in between Taehyung and his target. Taehyung grunts as he tries to lunge forward with his free arm, but then Jungkook is wrapping his other arm around him, pinning Tae's arm to his side and holding his back against his chest with an iron grip.

"Taehyung, please." Yoongi sighs, loosening his tie as he steps into the apartment. Namjoon cautiously follows, regarding Taehyung with guilty, defeated eyes.

"Let me go, Jungkook-ah." Taehyung demands, and he can feel Jungkook's chest deflate with a sigh against his back. His grip only tightens. 

"Hyung, you shouldn't." Jungkook says. Taehyung continues to struggle against him, but he is no match for Jungkook's strength. "I'm just as pissed as you, but we shouldn't."

"And why's that, huh? He put an innocent person in jail. He put Yura in jail. Why shouldn't I give him a piece of my mind?" Taehyung snaps, glaring at Namjoon so intensely that the older man winces.

"Because we're here to help, and we don't have time for you to throw a hissy fit, kid." Yoongi reprimands him, in a way that only his Yoongi hyung is capable of. "Blame her piece of shit ex, his dumb ass lawyer--hell, blame the whole system if you want. But don't blame Namjoon. He really didn't have a choice, Tae, and he's working his ass off to make sure we have the best case possible. If you want this so go our way, I suggest you stop trying to hit him and start trying to cooperate."

The apartment is silent for a moment, save for Taehyung's labored breath. Taehyung, Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook had been sitting around his kitchen island with glasses of wine, bleakly trying to figure out a way to help before their unexpected visitors arrived. Taehyung glances at them now where Hoseok and Jimin look on, worry written all over their faces. He then looks over Yoongi's shoulder at Namjoon. Namjoon, who went to such great lengths to help him find Yura in the first place, who gave him several chances, who fielded the consequences every time Taehyung fucked up along the way. Namjoon, his friend, and Yura's. There truly isn't any reason Taehyung can rationally think of for Namjoon to have done this with malicious intent.

Jungkook loosens his hold when he feels Taehyung's tense muscles relax, and the whole room releases the breath it didn't know it was holding, cutting through the equally tense atmosphere.

"So, can I offer you gentlemen some wine?" Jimin speaks up, and that's how they find themselves gathered around the kitchen island again, except with two more guests and two more glasses of wine. Yoongi introduces himself to Jungkook in the meantime. Jungkook practically towers over him in stature, but the immediate respect he has for Yoongi is evident in his gaze. Yoongi is notoriously hard to reach for casual hang outs, as he is constantly busy with work, but he is also notoriously dependable when you need him the most. Taehyung hasn't seen him in months, but the time and distance don't put even the slightest damper on their relationship--he figured he'd be seeing Yoongi soon, due to their current crisis.