9) My Wife

"I killed my father for you." 

---

Raquel's eyes widen at my words and I sigh deeply as I stand to my feet. I don't utter a word as I slip on my trousers before I make my way out of the bedroom, following the yells of a woman with a broken heart.

I find Lucia crying in the lounge and I make my way over to her without a second thought. Once I'm in her personal space, I wrap my arms around her and she seemingly breaks down even more which leaves me feeling uncomfortable.

Lucia never cries.

"How dare you?" She seethes as she rips herself out of my arms before landing several blows to my chest. "How dare you lay in the arms of another woman?"

This was the one thing in life that I was never prepared for

I was taught how to kill and protect at a young age but comforting was something that I was never shown. After I completed my job, the next person would takeover and I was free to go.

"What do you want me to say?" My tone comes out colder than I anticipated but I did try to soften my words. "We are not known for being a faithful couple."

"I killed my father for you." Lucia's eyes widen as she tilts her head to the side and this is when I realise that the psychotic side of her is ready to make its appearance. "I killed for you."

"You killed your father because he molested you as a child

"You killed your father because he molested you as a child." I correct her. "I just provided you with the necessary tools and experience to do it."

"I thought you loved me." She mumbles as she takes a step back. "People told me that you were the man that couldn't love or be loved. I thought it was a lie because you proposed to me and we got married."

"We did get married." I nod my head as I look off into the distance. "I do love you, Lucia."

"Yet you left me behind." She takes another step back and my eyes flicker to her. "You never told me that you were coming to Italy, you just told me that you would be back in two weeks but it's been two years."