5) The Meeting

"Along the way, we lost what it meant to be a Morrone."

---

I stare down at my notepad as I wait on the meeting to commence. I let out a deep sigh as I reflect on my time as a leader of the Morrones and somehow, I don't feel satisified.

I may not have wanted this position but I don't feel as if I have done enough to be considered a good leader. All I know is that I need to get my people out of this war alive then deal with whatever comes my way.

"Mr Morrone." I look up to see Rain walking into the room. "It's been a while."

A small smile graces my face, "It has."

Rain is the best hitwoman that I have ever come across and I have had her working alongside the mafia for six months now. Rain has successfully been able to pass me intel without being suspected and that is something that I admire.

"The team has missed you." I add as I pick up my pen.

Rain takes the third seat to my left, "They better had because I'm ready to come home."

I don't respond as I note her name down on my notepad

"Mr Morrone, Rain." I briefly look up to see Hitter walking into the room and I jot her name down.

"Hitter, how was your flight?" I ask. 

Something went down in Italy last night so I had Hitter stay behind with a small team, I can only hope that she resolved it before arriving this morning.

"I'll never tell." I chuckle loudly as she pretends to zip her lips. 

No matter how many background checks I do on Hitter, I have only been able to figure out that her birth name is Margaret

No matter how many background checks I do on Hitter, I have only been able to figure out that her birth name is Margaret. Hitter is not only good at her job but she has proven herself to be loyal which is why I accept her as one of my own.

Jones soon enters the room followed by Roberta, Blade, Angelo and Alex. Just as I finish writing their names down, my brother enters the room and shuts the door behind him.