23) Making Love

"I thought I saw you in that moment."

---

My mind was filled with a million and one thoughts as I made my way through the residence that I had called home for some time now. I found myself cherishing the history of the place as I walked past the paintings and statues gracing the everlasting hallways.

This may not have been my childhood home but it was a place that Morrones would occupy when our work would take us across international waters.

I never had a home growing up.

Rivero Morrone taught us not to get attached to people or things from the time that I was a child. We were bouncing from city to city so I was unable to form relationships with people outside of the Morrones so that's when I got acquainted with one night stands as a teenager.

There are certain members of my group that I value and if I were to ever lose them then I would feel something inside for I am a human.

Being part of a group that sets out to enforce justice in the world can affect your mental state as you are forced to do the unthinkable. Sometimes you have to wipe out entire groups with the knowledge of their family lives and status. 

Everyday you watch someone die then get blamed as a result of it.

A deep sigh leaves my lips as I walk into my room to see a naked Raquel smoking while leaning against my dresser. The smell of smoke is not one that I like to have in my personal space as it has a way of clinging to your belongings and streaking your walls.

 The smell of smoke is not one that I like to have in my personal space as it has a way of clinging to your belongings and streaking your walls

"Hello." A faint British accent could be heard in her voice as she stares me right in the eyes and a smirk forms on my lips. "Mario."

"Put it out." I gesture to the cigarette in her hand and she does so without me telling her twice. "Head into the bathroom, brush your teeth then spray yourself with some perfume."

"Why?"

"I don't like the smell of smoke." I raise a brow at her as I slowly shut the doors behind me. "Don't make me tell you twice."

She slowly makes her way into the bathroom without another word as I take the time to appreciate every part of her body which goes perfectly in mine. The first time I saw Lucia naked was after she went on a rampage and she was completely covered in blood. I helped bathe in our outdoor shower as I didn't the blood in the house and we made love on the freshly washed seats once she was clean.

I find myself making following after the woman that has strangely captured my heart without me knowing a single thing about her. The clothes that I wear start falling to the ground as I undress myself and I make the decision of setting my empty gun down on the dresser in full sight.

This is the test.

"You're so beautiful." I mumble while pushing Raquel up against the shower wall and I cup her left breast in one hand while sucking on the other. Soft moans can be heard as she runs her hands through my hair and that's when I feel myself come to life.