4) Arrival

"I never carry the blood of those who I kill."

---

Three hours after we departed from Italy, we arrived at the first military base. Upon arrival, I was stunned to see the transformation that had taken place over the course of a year. The island now somewhat resembles Southern Italy and it looks way better than when we first arrived.

There will be over two hundred people populating this island when just yesterday, there was only four people. 

I had Franco fly over a week ago with a team to install cameras. Even though I handpicked this group, I understand that not everybody can be trusted. 

With the added guests, I will be taking extra precautions because it appears that the strippers can't seem to keep their mouths shut.

If everything plays out like planned, I am hoping to settle the war on this island.

Italy has suffered enough.

I turn to Franco, "Let the team know that today is a day of rest. I will be addressing everybody in two days so they should take this time to get settled in. We will also be having a team meeting so make sure that my most trusted members are at the center base at noon."

"Right on it." Franco nods at me before turning on his heel.

I changed my clothes on the jet because it felt dirty. After killing those women, the idea that a spec of blood had possibly landed on me consumed my mind.

I never carry the blood of those that I kill.

I stand on the port, watching as those who arrived by boat depart. My eyes become fixated on Franco as he wraps his arm around a woman who is of a darker complexion. It's nice to know that Franco has not changed, he has always favored the woman of color.

 It's nice to know that Franco has not changed, he has always favored the woman of color

I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket as my eyes flicker over to my bodyguard, Muscles. I had him arrive on a separate plane just because I did not want his eyes on me. I ignore the constant vibration on my leg as my bodyguard analyses a particular tree and I smirk as he spots a camera.

It's a fake camera. 

The real one is hidden elsewhere. I never want people thinking that they are one step ahead of me and I laugh to myself as I pull out my phone.

I don't check the caller ID as I answer the phone, lifting it straight to my ears.

"Morrone." I call out.

"It's Adriana." I drop all formalities once I hear my sister's voice. "I just called to make sure that you arrived safely."

"We have arrived." I respond. "Regina should be arriving within the hour."

"Good to know." I hear Adriana sigh. "I will be arriving within the week with a team of ten."

"Go to Italy before arriving, it will be a short three hour delay." I start walking up to the beach. "I want a full debrief on what is going on, I need to know if anyone can be trusted so gather as much information as you can. Check in on Leonardo and let me know if the old bastard is doing ok."

"Noted."

I hang up the phone.

---

I hear the familiar sounds of Sylvie's footsteps and I look up just in time for her to stop at the open door. "Mr Morrone."

I gesture for her to enter the room.

"Have you missed me?"

I fake a smile as I push myself off the wall and I make my way over to her.

"Mmm, you want that Sylvie loving." She grabs my shirt and pulls me closer as I back her into the corner behind the door.

I push my hand against the door. Just before it fully shuts, I let my hand swing in the air and the two noises collide at the same time.

"AH!" Sylvie lets out a shriek as she cups her face and I take a step back.

"Get your strippers in check." I say in a calm tone as I look her in the eyes, "If I hear that a stripper from your club has mentioned my name then I will kill them all."

I lean close to her face.

"Then I'm killing you." Our lips brush against eachother and Sylvie's mouth forms a smirk.

"Damn Mario, you know I like it when you talk like that." Sylvie flicks her tongue out and I catch it in my hand, pulling it out.

"I used to like you but then you started running that mouth of yours." I pull her tongue out even more and she moans in discomfort. "I have threatened to kill you a number of times but I am serious. Somebody is fucking with my team and if I find out that you have anything to do with it."

I release her tongue before wiping my hand on whatever she is wearing.

"Your tongue will be the first to go." I smirk at her. "You got too comfortable, Sylvie."

She says nothing as I start walking back to my desk.

"I need a list of all the stripper that you have hired in the last two years, male and female."

"What about the shemales?" She wiggles her brows at me and I gesture for her to come closer like she does.

She always does.

I say nothing as I slap her across the face before looking down to see an eyelash in my hand.

"You talk too much." I discard of the eyelash before grabbing an antibacterial wipe from behind the desk. "What do you know about Raquel Daniels?"

I wipe my hands before disposing of the wipe.

"She's quiet as hell." Sylvie rubs her face before groaning. "Now my ears are ringing. You really need to treat me better or else-"

"Or else what?" Her face falls and fear starts to set in. "You must forget who you are talking. I made you Sylvie, I am the reason why you have everything. Nothing lasts forever and you better remember that."

Sylvie just stands there and I instruct her to get down on her knees which she does without complaint.

I unbuckle my belt before pulling it out of the loops.

I instruct her to place her hands on the desk. The second her hands rests on the desk, I throw the belt back before letting it hit her fingers with full force.

"Don't bite the hand that feeds you." I have her recite the words as I continue to whip her hands with the belt. I only stop once I see the first drop of blood.

"Never forget who I am." I calmly set the belt on the desk. "NOW GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!"