3. The Event Day

Sanya's POV

I was preparing well for my competition. As I didn't wanted to make anyone upset because of me.

................

Finally, the day arrived.
Today was the event day. All were very excited for this, as this was one of those days where students get free time to enjoy obviously and professor's can enjoy as no classes for them too.

All the participants participating for quiz, debate and elocution were asked to wear formal wear and for rest competitions there was no predefined code. So, our formal dress of college was; a sky blue formal shirt, black trouser and a black blazer.

........

I entered the college campus. There were lot of movements of students and professors for setting the things up. I quietly immersed in my thoughts marched towards the main door to enter the college. As I was climbing the steps, Neha called me from back, "Hii! Sanya. Good morning."

I instantly replied her grinning "Good morning Neha."

Further I sighed and said in joking way. "Thank God! I found you in this crowded place.." she giggled and pulled my hand and we started to go upstairs on 2nd floor towards our class.

We talked, giggled, nudged each other till we were at the end of the staircase joining on 2nd floor. As were about to enter our class before I bumped into someone (we both were so engrossed in our gossips that we didn't see others coming towards us.) At that point, I felt it was some Male structure as our body had came in contact without leaving an inch of space in between us. He was taller than me, muscular and in formal wear. I instantly stepped back and looked at him in an embrassed and guilty face. And to my surprise he was our Professor; Aman.
It was very embarrassing and awkward situation for both of us and meanwhile whole class was chuckling there.

I was numb there standing near him "I.. I am sorry Sir.." I said in a broken sentences.

He just said "aahh...it's okay.." and immediately we departed towards our ways.

We (I and Neha) took a seat, all were looking me like I did something wrong and they are about to bombard me with interrogative questions. I ignored them and started conversing with Neha about competition to forget about that incident.

.........

After about an hour, event coordinator announced that event will start in 5 minutes and asked all to gather in auditorium. All followed his instructions and got up from their seats and started walking out of the class, we both joined in the crowd and came out.

We entered the Auditorium, and it was decorated in a simple but elegant way, very professional looking. All students were gazing at decorations when they initially entered the hall and then gradually everyone caught their seats and got comfortable. Our class was the last one to enter and our seniors had already occupied seats. And as we were new in college, front rows were kept for us. I and Neha looked around to see most of the seats were occupied by our classmates and we wanted to seat side by side. Finally we got two empty seats, we just rushed there and seated before anyone could snatch it. (It sounds little funny right, but yes we did it)
The function was about to start, and we saw all the professors and other dignitaries entering the hall. Dignitaries stepped up on the dais and seated and remaing professors approached towards the front row which was reserved for staff and seated there, it was the row just infront of us. The dignitaries announced the function to be "Open" and unveiled a digital screen on which there was details boasting about today's event and our college's prestigious brand name along with Awards received.

...........

After about an hour we were guided to our respective classes where all the arrangements were done for each competition. I entered the class for Quiz and took a designated seat for my class.
The quiz went well and luckily I (our class) won the Quiz competition. I was happy for it and fully satisfied as well, because I had studied for it hard and I also loved participating in quizzes. Then I had 10 minutes break before the commencement of painting competition so I freshened up a little and went for painting carrying all my stuff along with me. I entered the class and saw few were already present on their spots and ready to paint. So I also adjusted on my spot and was ready to paint.

Coordinator entered, "Hello everyone! " participants replied in chorus "Hello Ma'am..." then she gave us instructions regarding competition criteria and guidelines to follow. After all this, she passed us one sheet on which we had to paint. It was a beautiful drawing of a scenery including all the creations of nature. I was really excited to paint this. We started painting as the countdown started. Everyone was enjoying doing their own work, some were helping each other a bit to share their stuff like colors, brushes and all. After about 15 minutes our Principal, Mrs. Meera and Mr. Aman entered our classroom. Mrs. Meera and Mr. Aman were judges for paintings and Principal had joined them for just overlooking the process. Three of them were walking to each one us and taking a glance at our paintings without saying a word; as no one was allowed to talk to participants except cordinator. I saw with my corner eyes that three of them were approaching to see my painting, it was half done. I was little uneasy whether they'll like it or not though I tried my best and I was happy with it. Finally they reached at my painting and started gazing it.

I greeted them, "Good afternoon Sirs', Good afternoon Ma'am" they also replied respectively.

Principal walked to next student but Mrs. Meera and Mr. Aman stayed for a little long and sir was literally staring at me while doing painting, making me little uncomfortable. But I'm glad, principal called them to leave for further official work.
( I'm that person who gets uncomfortable and can't process anything in my mind when someone is staring at me, it looks so bad😳)

.........

It was at evening 4 PM and all competitions were completed and it was time for prize distribution. All students and professors again gathered in the Auditorium for the same. Prizes were distributed and guess what???...
Our class was the best performer! We had won in every competition earning the highest points. All were very happy and excited. I recieved gold medal and a certificate for both quiz and Painting. Function ended at around 6 PM and we all were so tired that I and Neha somehow reached our home and fell asleep little early as compared to normal days. I did my dinner with family and after texting Neha 'good night' text, I slept thinking about the awesome feeling about winning my first ever competition in my new college.

-----------------------------

Thanks for reading💖
I hope I'm able to write and Express it in a good way. If you have any suggestions please do comment.

Much love,
Photon_World🦋