Holy Moly Mashed Potatoes

Your mouth dropped slightly opened. The streets of hogsmeade were filled with mashed potatoes. Bits of thyme and Rosemary could be seen. The roads and sidewalks were filled and doors could only open slightly. 

You glanced around and saw a ghost flying above the river of mashed potatoes. You weren't sure whether you wanted to scream or laugh. You could see people trying to eat their way out. Cody, who was standing beside your shoulder, looked as equally shocked.

You heard him mutter something that you couldn't quite understand. The ghost was hollering and diving into the mashed potatoes. 

You could hear him speaking as he dived in and out of the mashed potatoes. ""Mmmm." He scooped up some potato with his transparent finger. "Potatoey." He grinned and continued flying through the potato's. 

Cody grunted and walked out into the potato filled streets. Mashed potatoes were up to his knees. You watched as he waded through the streets. 

The ghost looked at Cody and grinned. He then flew over to where you stood, outside the pub. "Well," he smirked. "I heard you liked mashed potatoes"

You stared at him and sighed. You pressed your fingers to your forehead and shook your head. "What did you do! Why in the world would you cover the streets in MASHED POTATOES!" You felt yourself somewhat fill with anger. 

Fred's smirk slowly started to fade into a frown. He crossed his arms and spoke in a partial laugh. "I thought you'd like it! I mean you like mashed potatoes so why not" 

"I like mashed potatoes but THIS! I can't believe you!" You took a deep breath, trying not to let yourself become enraged. 

"But I thought you liked mashed potatoes. And I thought this would be funny." He rubbed the side of his arm and looked down at his transparent feet. 

You groaned and tried to wade through the potatoes. You looked back at the sorry ghost. "Please, clean this up. Hogsmeade doesn't need to be filled with mashed potatoes." You continued to walk away. 

Fred tried to catch up to you, diving in and out of the potatoes and calling your name. You turned the corner, walking over to Zonko's Joke Shop. You could hear him yelling in the distance.

He sighed and stood still, mashed potatoes up to his calves. You continued walking until you reached a bench, which wasn't fully covered in mashed potatoes. You wiped of the bits of potato and plopped down, exhausted. 

You couldn't imagine why Fred would do something like this. Sure he was a prankster but this may have been going a little to far. You sighed and leaned your head back. All of a sudden you felt the presence of a man sit next to you. 

"Having troubles my dear?" he asked gently. 

You looked at the man. His hair was messy, and he wore a bright orange suit with purple stripes. On top his head was a small, orange, top hot. You gave him a weak smile. "If you count a mashed potato overload as troubles, then yes," you sighed. 

The man smiled, stood up, took of his hat, and bowed to you. "The names Zonko." The man sat back down next to you with a breath of relief. "Now, are you going to tell me about this mashed potato mess or are you going to sit here and mope like a muggle who can't remember how to eat!" 

Authors note: I'm sorry its so short! I had a little bit of writer block with this chapter, which is why it took so long for me to post it.