Equal for once

A/N This is my first time writing for a gay pairing.If I'm coming off as an ignorant straight,please tell me.Also,I'm making Yuu a girl here,simply because it's easier for me.If that bothers you,I'll change it in future chapters.

"Grim!Grim!"Yuu yelled,chasing the catlike creature down the halls of the Scarabia dorm.Grim ran through the dorms mirror a few moments before in search of some" tasty rocks" and now,here Yuu was trespassing in her pajamas,trying to stop him from doing that.She cornered him soon enough and now he was an inch away from eating a small pebble."No...Grim,no."she said raising a finger as a warning as she had done with her pets back home.Unfortunately,Grim was not a regular animal,so to him,that meant diddly squat.He licked the rock off the ground and swallowed it,before the Ramshackle dorm leader could tackle him.She opened Grims mouth,checking if she could still see the rock but it was nowhere to be found.The creature tried to speak,probably protest,as Yuu frantically kept checking.Then they heard a door crack open and her blood ran cold.If it was Jamil,she was so screwed..."Yuu,what are you doing here?"came Kalims voice behind her.She sighed,picking up an angry Grim and turning towards the young heir."Stopping Grim from swallowing rocks and getting indigestion.So,just an average day,really.","Ah.That must be fun."Kalim said sending one of his trademark beaming smiles their way."Better than dealing with Overblots,I guess."she muttered,before she realized what she said.The Scarabia dorm leaders face fell the moment she mentioned it.How could she have been so dumb?That's the day Jamil betrayed him and told him he always despised him.The only people who'd be taking the comment worse were the Pomefiore students,considering recent events. Then she realized something else.Kalims eyeliner was a mess,nothing like the precise work of art it usually was.It seemed as if there were several attempts to get it right,which made it look like the white haired boy had dark eye bags under his eyes."Maybe they're from all the crying he's been doing since his best friend told him he hates him.And now you reminded him of that.Congrats,the winner is you." her thoughts mocked."Why are you up so late though?"she asked,ignoring the harsh,but truthful sounding inner commentary.","Oh.Well,I was trying to do my makeup and it took a bit longer than expected."he said,rubbing the back of his neck."Maybe I can help you."she offered."No,I have to learn to do it myself."Kalim insisted,pouting stubbornly.She sighed and smiled."I'll let you hold Grimm."she said in a sing songy voice."What!?"Grim yelled."Deal."Kalim said,grabbing him and opening the door to his room.

"Sorry about the messy table."Kalim said pointing at it with his head.It was covered in dirty wipes,different eyeliner pencils and papers with tutorials on how to do it printed out on them.Yuu waved it away,disregarding the ruckus,as they walked towards the table."So how have you and Jamil been doing?"she asked,taking a fresh wipe out of the box."Really well."he lied.He was hoping she was gonna believe him,considering that when they hung out around others the change wasn't even commented on or really acknowledged.Of course in the case of the Diasomnia and Igniahyde dorms that wasn't surprising,but in case of Heartslabyul,Savanaclaw and especially Octavinelle,the lack of comment was odd.Welcome,but odd.Though again,maybe he was the only one who noticed the change.After all,it's not as if anything was factually different.The two of them still did all the things they've done before,so it's not as if there was some change in habit.Jamil still kept an eye on him at all times,tasted his food to check for poisons and they sat at the same table at lunch as they always had.If that was all true,and it was,why did he feel like there was a wall between them now?Maybe because he knew now that his vice dorm leader had to do it?To an extent he always did,but he always thought and hoped that Jamil partially did all that because he cared.That he genuinely cared about the heirs well being,outside of the fact it's what kept his family up float.That would make the young Viper one of the rare people that wanted him alive not for some benefit,but out of genuine will for him to be safe.Of course,that possibility was laughable now,and as much as Kalim wanted to be angry,to tell Jamil that what he did was awful,unforgivable and irredeemable..He couldn't bring himself to say that.Cause while he knew that what his classmate did was wrong,he understood.The Asim name was a shadow they were both in.The list of things it eclipsed was long and now their friendship could be added onto it.He could still remember the things he said.In fact,they rarely didn't ring inside his head.
"I'VE ALWAYS HATED YOU!","Every time I see you smile,it makes me sick!","I've prayed every single day for you to disappear.".Those three played on repeat constantly.They reminded him that his happiness was built of off the others pain.It made sleeping soundly almost impossible,guilty tears burning at his eyes when the fact came back to haunt him in the early hours of the morning."Kalim!Kalim!"Yuu yelled,shaking him out of his thoughts."Sorry, I just tuned out."he said,noticing her concerned expression."Are you sure you two are on good terms?","Yeah."he said,trying to give the girl his brightest smile.She seemed unconvinced,but didn't say anything.She finished his makeup in silence,wishing him good night as she took Grim and closed the door.His smile fell as he heard it shut.He knew she couldn't understand what it was like trying to reach someone who despite being inches away,has never been further out of reach.