Tighten the string until it snaps

Disclaimer:This is a prequel chapter leading up to Jamils overblot and his blow up at Kalim.

1.
"Wow Leona,your flirting skills are shit."Jamil said,chuckling."Shut up.He'll fall for me.You'll see."Leona said,crossing his arms."Sure...Even though you've been pursuing that freshmen for two months now and you've made no progress whatsoever."Vil said,smirking.The prince pouted and grumbled."What?No"Shut up."for me?","The only reason I'm not telling you that is because you're dating Hunt and you can judge.Jamil sure as fuck can't.","Look,relationships just aren't..."the young Viper began,before his gaze focused on...

Oh no.It isn't.No.Not now.Not here.Jamil quickly ducked under the table.Leona and Vil bent down,confused."Jamil what's going on?","Yeah,you look like you've seen a ghost.","Don't ask.Just act like nothing happened and continue as if I was still there.".The two looked at eachother and nodded,before dragging their friend back out,despite his vocal protests."Ok,what is...","Jamil!"came that all too familiar,overly cheerful voice and moments later Kalim slammed into him,enclosing his arms around Jamils neck.The servant returned the hug,without pulling him too close,but not rejecting the gesture."Oh my god!I missed you so much!It's been too long!" ,"It's been two months."Two beautiful,freedom filled months.

"I didn't know you were visiting."Jamil said as the two separated."Oh no,I transferred."Kalim breathed out.His whole body was buzzing with excitement over the possibilities."Transferred?"Jamil repeated,blinking at him in disbelief."Yeah.I got an acceptance letter a day ago.It must've come late."the heir explained."We're gonna spend so much time together!".The face of shock softened into an understanding,but disappointed smile."Kalim,we're probably not even in the same class,or dorm for that matter.","Actually we are in the same class.See?"Kalim said pulling out the class list from his bag.He handed it to Jamil and the brunettes eyes darted down the paper.His grin was so wide it looked like it hurt."That's...great.","I know,right!?","Still,we're gonna be in separate dorms.Which dorm are you in anyway?"

He might be in Kalims class,but surely,surely they can't be in the same dorm."Please don't let it be Scarabia.Please don't let it be Scarabia."the brunette chanted inside his head."Scarabia.You?"Kalim said cheerfully,that dumb smile on his face.Jamil felt something tighten in his chest.His jaw clenched and he smiled.He had to,because if Kalims happy,he has to be.He thought his teeth might crack if he keeps it up."Me too."he gritted out.

"We're gonna be dorm-mates!I can't believe it."Kalim said,almost tackling him.Jamil hugged him back tighter than usual,his nails digging into his neck.Then,a cough cut trough the air and the two separated.The blonde and the green eyed brunette were staring at them."Jamil,would you mind introducing us?"the blonde asked,raising an eyebrow."Oh,I'm sorry I should've introduced myself.Kalim Al Asim.","Vil Schoenheit.","The model!?I'm such a huge fan!I'm so glad to meet you.","Same here."Vil  said,a little bit taken aback,for whatever reason."And you are?"he said,turning towards the other brunette."Leona Kingscholar.","The second in line for the throne of the Afterglow Savanna?".Leona smiled bitterly."Yeah,the second.I'm sure an heir wouldn't know anything about that.".Kalim bit his lip.Well,bringing that up was a bad idea."Sorry,I hope we can be friends though."he offered."Sure..."the lion boy drawled."Shouldn't you be unpacking?"Jamil noted."Darn it,you're right.See ya later,then."he said,rushing off.

"Thank God."Jamil breathed out,letting his head fall on the table."Kalim Al Asim!?"Vil shrieked."Yeah.So?","The heir of Hot Sands!"the model continued."How do you even know him?"Leona asked,almost interested."You know the guy I complained about?","That was him,wasn't it?".The young Viper nodded.Vil hummed,turning in the direction Kalim left."I don't get what you're complaining about though.I mean he's obnoxious,but it's not unbearable.","For a few minutes,try SEVENTEEN YEARS!"Jamil yelled."Calm down.What's so bad about him anyway?","It's all the parties and parades.","Boo hoo.I throw parties all the time and you don't complain about them."Leona said."Because I don't have to organize them.Sometimes,the same day he tells me he has to make them.And the animals.Don't even get me started...","At least he didn't bring any this time..."Vil began and then,as if to give the servant boy another middle finger..."Come back here,Mr Snuggles!"Kalim yelled,chasing a raccoon down the hallway.Jamil groaned,his head falling on the table once more as Vil and Leona patted his shoulders.