I'll always be yours,cause we survived the Great war

A/N:Is Taylor Swift gonna become a motif?Maybe.

His father looked awful.So unlike himself that it struck Kalim utterly dumb.He wanted Jamil's hand back in his.Something,anything to ground him.Anything to distract him away from the moment,the surroundings.

But his younger sister's waist would have to do as Kalim held her close on his lap.She was around 6 and had kept talking to their rather unresponsive father as if all 40 of them,Kamil and Kalim's mother were just there to wish him a good night.Depressingly accurate metaphor,the heir thought.

"So essentially,that's it,dad."Kari said with a big smile.

Their mother smiled,petting the girl's head and soon taking her out of her brother's lap.

"Lovely story,darling."
"Thanks,mom.Hey,Kalim,why don't you tell dad what you did?"
"Well..I-"
"She's right,dear.After all,you were the only one who wasn't here when.."she cleared her throat"The incident happened."
"Hmm..Odd that isn't it?"Kamil spoke up.

Kalim pressed his lips so tightly together,there was barely a line left of them.

"What are you implying,dear brother?"
"Nothing.I merely find it strange that when we all got poisoned,you were nowhere to be found.In fact,you were on a trip..With your ex.The reincarnation of a man who wants our entire family dead.And his birthday's today too..Twentieth,right?And what a lovely gift you've given your lover."
"My lover!?You're delusional."
"Sorry,your spouse if the ring is anything to go by."
"You're insane.Do you have any idea-"

Then their father coughed.Blood.Dark red,metallic smelling blood.His mother's face went pale.She took a deep breath,turning towards the two oldest boys,face steely.

"Out,both of you."
"Mom-"
"Now.Before you make him get even worse."

Even Kamil dare not argue with the idea,the spare and the heir of the Asim family leaving the room.

It was quiet for a bit as they walked down the hallway.Until Kalim spoke up.

"What the hell is your problem?"
"I don't have one.I just think that transparency is important."
"What you were doing is defamation.To say me and Jamil-"
"Defamation?"Kamil laughed"Oh please,spare me.You've been chasing him like an overly eager puppy since you met him.Not to mention your little stint at NRC."
"And we broke up,so what?"
"Did you now?Guess those late night noises were just you having chronic pains then."
"Even if we were still together,what's it to you?"
"Just something for future use.I wouldn't worry my empty little head about it if I were you."his brother said with a shrug,walking away

-
Kalim and him sat in silence for a long while when the heir came back.

"Kamil knows."
"What?"
"About our marriage."
"Do you think he'll use it as-"
"Unless I do something to push him over the edge,doubt it."

Jamil nodded,pouring a cup of tea and handing it to Kalim.He basically had to wrap Kalim's fingers around the handle.

"As for your dad?"

Kalim shrugged,looking away from Jamil and bringing the cup to his lips, taking a long sip.

"I don't think he'll.."

A few sobs left Kalim's mouth,before he composed himself with a sniffle.Jamil sat down next to him wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

"I wouldn't bet on it.You Asims are pretty hard to kill."
"You'd know."Kalim snorted.
"Ha,ha,ha..Very funny.And yes it's partially due to personal experience but also because I think things'll be ok."
"Who are you and what have you done with my husband?"