Happily ever after is a rocky road

1.
"Why didn't you tell me to hold back?"Jamil said,applying the concealer to the bites on Kalim's neck.The heir chuckled."Excuse me,who kept biting over and over again?"Kalim teased.Jamil's face went ablaze."Don't remind me."he sighed,defeated.

Kalim found Jamil's possessiveness was an ever present thing.Every time they had sex,the heir would wake up with a long line of light bruises down his neck and collarbone.But last night was particularly intense.And the bruises were a lot darker than usual.All because Floyd decided to hang all over him yesterday.Which meant that their usual strategy of writing them off as mosquito bites was not gonna work.Which was also why Jamil had to borrow Vil's most effective concealer.

"I don't see why we can't just use my headdress to cover them.Besides,I wear a cardigan in class.It's not like anyone will find it weird.","One of those might slip off and then we'll be in trouble.","Oh,come on.The teasing won't be that bad.","That's not what I'm worried about.","Then what?"

"...I may have made a bet with Vil."Jamil muttered."About?","Us never getting together.","When was this?Like,after we worked it out or while you still hated my guts?","When Ruggie And Leona got together.","So,when you still hated my guts.How much money did you bet on?","Five hundred madol.And since our one month anniversary is coming up I wanted to  get you something nice .","Aww.Thanks.","So,see why this is important?","Yes,sir."the heir said with an eye roll.

Unfortunately,something unexpected happened.The thing wasn't water resistant.An oversight neither off them were aware of.So when Kalim sat down with Ruggie at lunch,after a shower,suffice to say he was in for a surprise."Kalim what's that on on you neck?","What's what?","Those purple marks."Ruggie said raising an eyebrow."Oh...Oh.That.Snake bites."the heir sputtered."On your neck?","Yup.","You sure you alright?Don't need to get it checked out or anything ?","Nope.","Aha."

Right then,as If by some cosmic inconvinience Jamil walked by,him and Kalim locked eyes,the Viper's gaze wondering to his neck.They were busted.Ruggie coughed and the two turned to him."Hi,Ruggie."Jamil said,before preceeding to speed-walk to his table.The hyena smirked and  made a megaphone with his hands"Bye snake!"he yelled.

Needless to say,Vil got his money and revealed that he gave them a water soluble concealer on purpose.

2.
Jamil tried to cover it up.That morning,he walked out of his room,the hoodie pulled very tightly on his head.Kalim was still asleep,so that was going to spare him all the questions.The Viper started brewing his coffee,only to hear someone tap on the counter behind him."Hello there Jamil."Eric said,with his characteristic cockiness."So I was thinking.I know you and Kalim are a bit...closer now.But I was thinking,why should only we know about it?Why not reveal it to the world?"he exclaimed.

Jamil sighed.He wanted to tell him that they had their reasons for keeping it secret,but talking would reveal how raw and rough his throat was."I mean you two could rule Hot sands together.Overthrow Kalim's father and the world is your oyster!"Eric continued,probably accompanied by some theatrical hand gestures.Jamil felt a cough build up.Unfortunately,it didn't stop at one,resulting in a full blown fit.Even more unfortunately,Eric's response to this was to get Kalim.

This was not the morning Kalim expected, to say the least.Being woken up by a slamming on your door and finding out your boyfriend is basically coughing his lungs out would be unexpected for pretty much anyone.So,here he was on the phone with Idia,an annoyed Jamil sitting behind Kalim on his bed."Thanks so much Idia.Hope you feel better soon."the heir said hanging up.He turned to Jamil,who was still pouting."Take off the hoody.","No.","Take it off.","No.","Jamil,please.","Kalim,I'm fine.I don't have to.","Yeah,you do and you will.Or else I'll do it myself."

Jamil sighed,loosening the hood and pulling it down.Kalim tried to stifle his gasp."So...that's back."was all he managed to get out.Though Jamil supposed that was the best response somebody could have to snake hair.Jamil sighed again and crossed his arms."So,what did Shroud tell you?","Well,it only seems to affect those who overblotted,so I doubt it's contagious.It seems that the only consistency thus far is that some aspect of your Overblot form will reappear.Aside from that,the symptoms seem to be unique for each person."