Introverted - I'll always wonder

Honestly this is more of how Sam felt at Y/n and Sebastians wedding kind of thing cause god I ruined the boy with the 'second choice' character in the story and I wanna cry because of it.

(Also the song is how I view Sams thoughts on Y/n when she falls for Sebastian and I'm crying abt it)

Narrators POV

Sam was happy.

Happy for his best friend for finally finding his person.

He could never take that away from him.

Though he couldn't help but think about how life would've gone if he'd been the one to steal Y/n's heart...

The butterflies hed give her...

The red in her cheeks...

Unfortunately for the poor boy, the things Sam dreamt about weren't his to take.

Sam watched Sebastian with a sad smile, he was anxiously waiting at the wedding arch, fidgeting at his suit.

At least he was blessed with being best man...

"Hey, it's gonna be fine.." Sam put a hand on Sebastians shoulder, shaking him softly to calm his nerves.

He nodded softly, but pulling away from his shoulder, Sam noticed his friend was still as tense as before.

Music started, filling the vicinity with soft going tunes.

It notified the town of Y/n.

Sam felt his a little sick, his stomach churning at the sight of Y/n walking down the isle with her father by her side.

He glanced quickly to Sebastian who was lovestruck by his soon to be wife.

Wife...

The word stabbed at his heart, a bitter, foul taste lingered behind his teeth, settling right on his tongue.

Abigail, standing at the other end of the arch from Sam, was the maid of honour.

She had her fist raised to him, gesturing for a fist bump.

Sam scoffed, feeling a tear run down his face.

The two bumped fists.

Even when they'd both fallen for their childhood farmer friend, they'd helped and supported Sebastian all they could to win her over.

They'd sacrificed their own feelings and so much more...

Sam sniffed softly.

Ah.. stupid allergies...

He rubbed at his nose and eyes, cursing the cherry blossoms that were slowly making their way down to earth.

Though they had nothing to do with Sams tears.

He knew that already.

But when glancing over to Sebastian all lovestruck.. there was nothing else he could blame the waterworks on besides his allergies.

Had this what it felt like to be heartbroken?

Did he really love Y/n?

Maybe the mixtapes of music Sam made her countless of times could answer the questions raging in his own head..

His mind thought back to the times they'd taught each other tricks on the skateboard, how soft her hands were that time they'd intertwined with his when recovering from a fall..

And when she joined the band...

Sam noticed countless of times when playing guitar together how put together they were.

When practicing, it felt as if Y/n was the only person in the room...

He only realized after the song that the entire time, Y/n had felt that same way with Sebastian.

The next songs, his focus would be on the two, they'd occasionally steal glances at one other at the same time, smiling bashfully when realizing they'd met eyes.

It was a moment for them.

One Sam would never get to experience with the one he loved.

Yoba how much did he yearn for the attention Y/n had for his best friend.

He could never do that to Sebastian though.

Sam was too much of a good person to ever do such a thing as being a home wrecker.

Sam was too lost in his thoughts to realize how Y/n was already standing at the arch.

"When Y/n first visited in Pelican town, no one knew if she was gonna make it out here, carelessly running around all the time.." Lewis chuckled, earning some laughter from the town.

"I can tell everyone was nervous for her return, knowing she won't remember a thing.."

The blonde listened carefully, preventing anymore tears to fall by looking down at the ground.

"Honestly everyone knew at some point these two would end up together.. even when they fought and argued as kids.."

"She might've only been a visitor all those years ago, but from this day forward, Y/n is going to be as much as apart of this town as any of us!" 

"It is my great honour on this day 27 of spring, to unite Y/n and Sebastian in the bonds of marriage"

Sam finally looked up, watching the two stare at each other with loving eyes.

They really were in love...

He began to wonder how their visions were.

They must've seen only each other in the sea of people standing in town..

"Well, let's get right to it!" Lewis exclaimed with a clap of his hands, he stood back from the arch and Sam wiped his tears away, a smile forming on his face.

"Y/n.. Sebastian.."

He was happy.

"As mayor of Pelican town, and regional bearer of the matrimonial seal, I now pronounce you husband and wife!"

Happy for his best friend.

"You may kiss"

Y/n laughed contently before jumping into Sebs arms, breaking the gap between them with a kiss.

He was happy for Sebastian.