False Manipulations (AU)

A bit of info: this is a fantasy AU where the characters all live in a large town names 'Honocrotalus', name for Pelican. Though the layout of the town is not the same from the game, it's much larger and in a different area.

(There area few OCs in here but only background characters for the plot)
TW: blood

12:00 PM

Y/n strolled through town swiftly against the breeze, her footsteps emitting the least amount of sound anybody could make if they'd been careful enough.

She'd seen and come across over hundreds of 'wanted' banners of her masked face throughout her journeys and it was getting tiring.

Ever since she was a child, she'd always been on the wrong side of the family.

At least she thought so?

After years of various types of abuse, Y/n had run away from a family in which had kidnapped her at birth.

This resulted in having to steal and rob from others in order to keep alive in such a difficult era of the times.

It all went downhill from there, she even had the blood of the innocent resting in her hands after showing no mercy to them with the use of her own stolen blade.

Fortunately the public hadn't had a clue of what she looked like, nor did they figure out her real name.

The only fit description they could give her was the nickname 'Rabbit' and 'A slim figure wearing an oversized black cloak covering their clothing beneath and a white rabbit mask'

Y/n would've never thought the words 'slim' was a feature others would point out.. at least in her eyes...

But of course, one could only imagine the starvation she had to go through considering she'd been on the run from the entire nation....

Y/n's stomach growled the moment she'd thought about food and she cringed slightly from the soft ache in her belly.

Fortunately, she was just passing by a carelessly abandoned sales cart...

With a tiny smirk, Y/n had swiftly stolen a good amount of buns off the top and stuffed them into the insides of her cloak pockets where her mask was hidden by.

After all.. the nation had no facial description of her so as long as she kept the mask off, she was able to roam the world as she pleased....

"Guards! Draw your swords!" A large voice boomed down the street and Y/n could see a hoard of civilians crowd around the commotion.

She pushed through the sea of people until her vision was clear enough to realize three of her old bandit friends had been caught red handed.

She hasn't seen them in years, and even then one familiar face looked to be around the age of thirteen.. had it really been that long?

Her eyes widened when two of the three had gotten away, one staying behind to hold off the men.

Y/n's teeth gritted the more her friend's movements became varied.

As quick as she could, she pulled her hood up and snatched her mask from her belt as she jumped over the crowds to help fight off the imperial guards.

Her sword drew apart from its scabbard and had roughly struck one of the men in the shoulder before ripping into another just below his rip cage.

"N/n!? (Nickname)" the fellow bandit yelled out in surprise, an obvious struggle interlaced behind her teeth.

"Just go November! I'll hold them off! Say hi to Ellie and Molly for me please! Elle's gotten so big!" Y/n laughed feebly, a playful grin plastered on her face as she remembered back to when the dirty blonde was only five.