picnic parade

lollipop was languidly gazing at the sky, her eyes half-closed. it was a sleepy sunday afternoon and she was having a picnic with flower; as opposed to her nonchalant friend, flower was surprisingly high-strung - quite unlike her usual confident self.

"are you enjoying the picnic, lolly?" she asked, smiling sheepishly. 

lollipop glanced at her and chuckled. "of course, flower." she continued to look away again, and flower could see the sun's light reflecting off of her purple candy face. it was almost mesmerizing.

"oh, yeah, good!" flower replied, leaning over. the wind ruffled the nearby shrubs, filling a silence which might otherwise be awkward with rustling sounds. flower looked down and tugged at one of her petals. she wanted to talk to lolly! lollipop was so cool...

flower looked at her and sighed, smiling. even if she couldn't properly converse with someone as impressive as lollipop, it was at least nice to just sit with her. 

the two proceeded to just sit there for a bit, before the peace was broken by a certain someone.

"teardrop and gelatin picnic time!" gelatin sang breathlessly. "eating cement will be so subliiiiime!" he was tugging a picnic basket behind him, and teardrop skipped to his side.

"hey! what are you two doing here?" flower frowned. "this isn't your picnic."

gelatin stopped and panted. "then whose cement is this? is it yours?" he flopped onto his face beside the basket. td had continued to skip with their eyes closed - and didn't see the picnic basket. she tripped and flopped onto her face beside him.

all of this racket didn't seem to bother lolly, whose only response was a surprised blink.

"i'm not talking about... cement... gelatin. this is our picnic spot," flower explained. "we were already having a picnic."

gelatin got up and stared at her. "really? i thought people normally talk at a picnic."

teardrop smirked and patted him on the back.

"or, well, otherwise communicate. whatever - you guys are just... sitting here."

flower scooched up beside the two of them. "listen, jell-o," she whispered. "do you know how hard it is to properly talk to... someone as cool as lollipop?" her yellow face turned slightly pink as she glanced at her friend, who was still watching the clouds go by.

"no," gelatin said, turning to lolly. "hey lollipop! how've ya been?"

"been doing well, brother of mine," she replied, facing them. "i pray that you and teardorp have been doing just as fine."

teardrop put up a thumbs up, and gelatin proceeded to do the same. 

"lovely. flower and i were just having a picnic. oh! i see you've brought cement," lollipop noticed, looking into gelatin's picnic basket.

"yup! tasty stuff," gelatin licked his lips. "what did you have at your picnic?"

flower rubbed the back of her head. "normally i get my energy from photosynthesis, so i didn't really know what to bring..." she motioned towards the food set on their picnic blanket. 

"an entire pizza? man! you sure know how to have a good picnic," gelatin smiled, looking up at her.

"you really think so?" she whispered back, surprised. "do you really think lollipop would enjoy it?"

teardrop tapped her shoulder and pointed at lollipop, who was busy digging into a slice of said pizza and raising an eyebrow. even lolly could look cool while eating pizza of all things. she looked up at flower and smiled. 

"of course i enjoy it," lollipop said. "i wouldn't mind if you didn't bring food at all, in fact."

flower blinked at her, shocked. "what makes you say that?"

lolly put her hand on that of her flowery friend. "it's your picnic, madam. i'd enjoy it either way." flower's face lit up, as if it was radiating the sunlight she fed upon.

gelatin put his hand on teardrop's shoulder, watching flower and lollipop chat away. "our work here is done, teedster."

she looked up at him incredulously. 

"of course, not like i know what that work was. speaking of which, i don't think i'm even old enough to have a job!"

td shook her head in endearment, before removing the block of cement from the picnic basket with ease.

"whoa! teeds! you can do that?" gelatin's eyes widened, watching them drop it on the ground beside with a thud. teardrop then climbed into the basket.

"that looks pretty comfy, little droplet," lolly noted. td nodded and beckoned to gelatin, who came over.

"what is it, td?" he asked. she pointed to the other picnic basket, that belonging to flower. he proceeded to sit in it himself. 

"hey!" flower called. "that's my basket!"

"and you can carry it!" gelatin smiled. "lollipop, flower, can you carry us?"

the two girls looked at each other. "why not?" lolly smirked.

lollipop picked up the basket containing teardrop, and flower picked up the basket containing gelatin.

"teardrop and gelatin picnic time," gelatin sang as the two of them were sped around the field. "go on a picnic basket riiiiiide- whoa!"

flower accidentally stepped on lolly's heel as the two were parading around, and the four friends collapsed into a giggling heap. when they finally got up, they realized one of them was missing - and so were the baskets!

"teardrop, you come back here!" flower yelled, chasing after the droplet who stuck out their tongue at her. td skipped away with the baskets into the horizon, her friends parading behind her.