real winner

"welcome, one and all, to fun night," lolly put her hands together, addressing the group of friends before her. "here, in our have cots humble abode, we shall spend the night having... can you guess?"

"popcorn," gelatin answered, his mouth full. "oh! and some cupcakes too. pin baked them."

pin smiled. "leafy helped! they were fun to make. oh!" she exclaimed. "fun!"

lollipop shook her head and grinned. "yes. we will spend the night having fun. i should add, however, that having popcorn, having cupcakes, and having fun are not mutually exclusive."

"speaking of which..." leafy started. "the cupcakes are done! now, firey, if you please..." she opened the oven and retrieved the cupcake tin that her flamey friend was holding.

"hey! one is missing!" coiny elbowed her. "firey, did you eat it?"

"it got burnt!" firey explained. "i don't suppose you would've wanted to eat some cupcake-shaped ash."

"anywho," flower rolled her eyes. "we should be starting the activities now, right?"

"little teardrop is just getting the game ready," lollipop patted her shoulder. "they should be down any moment."

"what are we playing anyway?" pin asked.

"you'll see," gelatin chuckled.

soon enough, td toddled into the room, box in hand. she dropped it on the floor in the middle of the shag rug.

"oh! we're playing monopoly!" firey went over to her. "i rule at this game."

"not when i'm playing," coiny smirked.

"oh put a sock in it," flower bapped him on the head affectionately. 

"either way, we're not playing monopoly," lolly pointed out. everyone gasped.

teardrop had started to take out the contents of the box, which did indeed say monopoly on its cover.

"then what are we playing?" leafy asked.

td stood up and struck a confident pose.

"we're playing... teardropoly,"  lollipop announced.

everyone gasped again. "teardropoly?" firey looked at lollipop incredulously.

"in teardropoly," gelatin explained, putting his arm on td's shoulder. "everything is the same as monopoly, except... teedster has ultimate power."

"you see, she gives out the community chest and chance cards - among other things," lolly continued. "it's up to them what happens to you, basically. in a way, your loot in life - rather, loot in this game - is dependent on whether or not teardorp wants to give it to you."

td grinned evilly and started dealing money to their friends who were seated around the game board on the rug. she gave the typical amount of money to coiny, firey, leafy, pin, and flower, but gave an extra hundred bucks to her brother and sister.

"hey!" leafy blinked in surprise. "why do you guys get more money than us?"

"it's called teardropoly for a reason, my dear," lolly patted td's head. "they can favor people if they want."

the game began, and gelatin started chowing on a cupcake. "ooh! park place! shoot... i don't have enough cash..."

td pulled a big spinning wheel out from behind her. on the top was a label saying "spin for the chance of a deal!" it had wedges labeled 'free', 'quarter price', 'half price', and 'double price'. they raised an eyebrow at gelatin.