🌹Chapter 46🌹

TORI'S POV

Hearing that Zach was in the house, I rushed out to see him not caring about how much of a mess I looked.

"Jesus Christ! What happened to you? Why are you crying?" Zach explained the moment he saw me. "I came to check up on you since I left you yesterday. Now I regret leaving you. Did Ian hurt you? If he did I swear I'll cut off his balls."

I felt ashamed of myself. Everyone always blamed Ian and he wasn't the bad guy. In this case, it was safe to say I was the bad guy. I shook my head. "No Zach, Ian didn't do anything. I did."

Zach blinked in disbelief. That was the thing, everyone thought Ian was the bad guy and never believed I could be too. "You?" He asked in a low tone.

Tina gave me a sympathetic look before leaving, giving us some privacy.

"What happened? What did you do?" Zach asked after a minute.

I walked to the couch and sat, facepalming. How was I going to explain to him that after a night full of passionate sex with his cousin, I falsely accused him of things he didn't do and called him names? It was so hard. I couldn't tell Zach. What I needed from Zach was for him to help me get to his grandmother. "Zach let's just drop what I did for now. Please I need your help to fix the mess I caused."

He raised his eyebrows. "You know I'll do anything to help you. What do you need?"

"A talk with your grandmother."

His eyes widened like saucers. "What? You want to meet up with Nonna?"

I nodded and stood up, walking and standing before him. "Yes Zach. Please help me. I just really need to talk to her."

"Why? You think if I can't help you, Nonna will?"

I sighed. "Not that you can't help me. Nonna will understand the severity of the case more because she's a mother. I can't meet up with Ian's mom cause she hates me. Please Zach, just set up a meeting for us."

Zach seemed to think for a while. "Fine. I'm doing this because I want you to be happy. Plus even if I set up a meeting, what do you think she will do to help? Like do you have a plan?"

I sighed again. "I don't for now, but as soon as I meet up with your grandma, we'll figure something out. Just promise to set up a meeting with your grandmother for me."

He raised his hands up in mock surrender. "Okay okay, I'll talk to Nonna."

I smiled at him. The first smile since this horrible day started. "Thank you Zach."

*****

WRITER'S POV

"Come on Zach, where are we heading to?" Nonna asked as Zach drove to an unknown destination.

Zach looked at her before diverting his attention back to the road. "You'd see when we get there. Little hint though, it's a restaurant."

Nonna rolled her eyes dramatically. "You know I don't like eating out. I prefer home cooked meals."

Zach shrugged. "Well you've got no choice grandma. But if you insist on not eating the food which I can actually testify is nice, then you'll just stick to drinking."

Nonna laughed. "You're such a bad grandson."

Zach burst out laughing too. "You love me like that."

"Yeah right." Nonna said and they sat in comfortable silence till Zach pulled up in front of a nice restaurant. "Finally." Nonna said and Zach laughed before going out to open the door for his grandmother. "I just hope you didn't bring me here to introduce me to some old guy. Don't play matchmaker for me, I can find my own man."